WaterAid international is seeking a Global Director to facilitate effective working across the WaterAid federation, enabling WaterAid’s overall impact to be greater than the sum of individual parts.
The Global Director will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values, vision, mission and federation principles and a working and leadership style that demonstrates this.
- Strategic thinker, able to work in complex and dynamic contexts and draw out the bigger picture.
- Collaborative, deriving a sense of achievement from others’ strong contributions and a team dynamic.
- Proactive and highly effective at building relationships and facilitating senior teams, including across geographical boundaries.
- An excellent communicator, good at building consensus, with a high level of emotional intelligence. Able to engage courageous conversations with humility.
- Able to represent WaterAid effectively when called upon to do so.
- Experience of working with boards and ideally experience of chairing in various settings.
- Experience of working in a federated organisation, matrix structures or other multi-stakeholder settings.
- Experience of working in a global organisation, with a strong appreciation and sensitivity to the different cultural contexts in which WaterAid works. Keen to promote the value of diversity.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity.
- Strong financial management skills and literacy.
- Willingness to be based in London and travel as required to meet responsibilities.