WeWork (WW) is currently seeking an Energy & BMS Engineer who will directly report to the Global Head of Energy Program. In this role you will be expected to work cross functionally and proactively to optimize and reduce the portfolio’s energy consumption, whilst remotely supporting HVAC ticketing issues and analysis.
You will be expected to support and drive the rollout of regional BMS programs, energy efficiency initiatives and energy procurement events with a focus on delivering industry-leading Operations and Energy Management programs. You will be a part of a global team of peers working in concert to implement global policies and technologies, as well as taking individual initiatives to address regional and local regulations and opportunities.
Overview of Expectations
- Identify opportunities to reduce the environmental footprint and the cost of WW’s energy supply portfolio, working across departments to take advantage of those opportunities.
- Support the fit-out process for new buildings relating to energy budgeting, consumption, BMS and metering strategy.
- Provide engineering guidance and support that has a positive impact on the Net Promoter Score (NPS) and ticketing Key Performance Indicators (KPI), whilst implementing industry best practice relating to Energy & BMS management.
- Ensure the WW global sustainability team core values – Inclusive – Impactful – Accountable – Collaborative – are being embedded in the day to day working process.
Monitoring & Reporting
- Support executive reporting with clear energy baseline consumption and cost reductions in addition to monthly progress and targets
- Support the creation of training and education across WeWork to support monitoring & reporting needs.
- Introduce an energy auditing process that is aligned with business culture and policies and results in education and learning outcomes
- Support creation of a centralized HVAC & energy hub to provide remote support
- Support roll out and standardization of BMS and sub-metering infrastructure
- Work closely with the Territory Heads of Operations to provide technical support when resolving mechanical and electrical issues, HVAC ticket reductions, and other member experience issues.
- Roll out energy projects and/or optimizations in a way that avoids negatively impacting member experience.
Metering and Budgeting
- Support the detailed tracking of energy consumption and cost for each building data coming from multiple sources, including metering infrastructure
- Support setup of an Energy Management System (EMS), transfer of data and ongoing data quality checks.
- Where required, support bill validation, highlighting any anomalies or risks.
- Support a monthly report vs budget identifying anomalies and the reasoning for any over or under spend.
New Buildings and Refurbishments
- Provide input to the engineering basis of design (BOD) and work closely with the MEP engineering team to ensure best practice and standards are executed in new projects
- Support the project management of the new buildings from a Facilities perspective, ensuring the learnings from previous buildings are clearly communicated during the design process.
- Work closely with the Facilities Director and Fit Out Manager to ensure all buildings operating as efficiently as possible.
- Review new build BMS strategies to ensure they are optimized to suit occupancy.
People & Development Expectations
- Take a proactive approach to staying informed of local/regional regulatory and technical developments in the building, BMS and energy industries
- Collaborate closely across departments and teams to support company-wide goals
Preferred Qualifications / Skills
- Have a proven track record in Energy or BMS Management with supporting qualifications or Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s Degree preferred, ideally in Energy/Environmental Management, Mechanical Engineering, Building Science or a similarly engineering-related field.
- Hold or be in the process of gaining an industry (energy management) recognized qualification.
- Have at least 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Have a proven track record of managing utilities across a multi- building portfolio and across multiple international jurisdictions.
- In-depth knowledge of energy markets, policies, voluntary corporate programs, and regulations.
- Strong energy data analysis skills and experience, including a mastery of Microsoft Excel, familiarity with PowerBI, Tableau and/or SQL
- Have experience in brown and green energy procurement and dealing with energy brokers.
- Have a basic understanding of waste and water management and how to optimize the environmental impact of business resource use.
- Have a proven track record of managing and forecasting utilities budgets ranging from $2m – 30m.
- Have experience working with Sustainability and Environmental legislation across multiple countries.
- Fluency in English
Who You Are
- Someone who is ready to get their hands dirty
- Gets happy and excited that no two days are the same
- Loves working with numerous people day to day
- Never take yourself too seriously