There is an exciting opportunity at Patagonia for a Global Environmental Responsibility Analyst.
As the Global Environmental Responsibility Analyst, your primary responsibilities are to lead efforts related to reducing Patagonia’s environmental footprint through effective data analysis and program implementation. You will be a part of the Social and Environmental Responsibility team, which works cross-functionally with a wide variety of departments from the retail and logistics teams to marketing and public relations. The role requires someone who is good at gathering, synthesizing, and communicating environmental metrics as well as a person who builds effective relationships to drive forward sustainability programs. This position plays an integral part in advancing Patagonia’s 100% renewable electricity, zero waste, and carbon neutrality efforts.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and analyze environmental metrics (energy, water, and waste) for Patagonia’s owned and operated footprint for program development and reporting purposes.
- Support Patagonia’s corporate carbon neutrality and renewable energy goals by serving as the focal point for metric and inventory aggregation and reporting, tracking progress toward goals, assisting in researching industry best practices, and driving forward programs in certain parts of the company’s value chain.
- Lead the strategy development and coordination of Patagonia’s zero-waste efforts, managing both measurement and program implementation of efforts through our global owned and operated facilities.
- Support marketing and communication efforts of Patagonia’s environmental and social responsibility efforts.
- Assist in the coordination of our global sustainability efforts by building strong relationships across the company and developing a framework for program coordination and communication across regions.
- Provide ‘consulting’ to various teams across the company to help analyze and make decisions around footprint reduction efforts.
Who You Are
- Passionate: possessing a strong desire to use business as a key driver for environmental protection
- Organized: able to track and balance a wide variety of tasks
- Analytical: good at aggregating and synthesizing large amounts of data
- Communicative: comfortable explaining complex topics to a wide range of people
- Influential: able to build strong relationships to move stakeholders toward strategic action
- Adaptable: having the ability to be flexible and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic ecosystem
Experience You Bring
- M.A./M.S. in environmental science, or equivalent engineering degree in relevant science, engineering, textile, or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in the environmental field, preferably in the corporate setting
- Ability to build effective organizational relationships inside and outside the department
- Demonstrated experience in program development and management
- Understanding of greenhouse gas accounting and reporting protocols
- Strong data management and analytical skills including the use of Excel and Tableau