A position has become available at Takeda for Global Head of Environment and Sustainability.
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Global Head of Environment and Sustainability in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Oversee Environmental Sustainability and Environmental Compliance for the company.
- Develops and implements the Environmental Sustainability strategy for the company, including long term sustainability goals for GHG, water, waste , biodiversity, pharmaceuticals in environment., environment life cycle analysis, eco-design, circular economy.
- Develops and implements environmental programs, standards and monitoring systems to ensure compliance, manage and mitigate risk, and improve performance.
- Leads teams that provides on-site and remote technical expertise support to all concerned stakeholders related to environment and sustainability .
- Oversees EHS Property Transfer Due Diligence for the company.
- Development and implementation of Environmental Sustainability and Environmental Compliance strategy and programs.
- EHS risk management – environment; develop and implement programs to manage and mitigate environmental risks across the company (e.g air emissions, wastewater, solid waste, and environmental remediation)
- Lead teams that provide technical on-site and remote support for environmental matters.
- Development and implementation of environmental technical standards, and training support for effective implementation.
- Oversees EHS Property Transfer Due Diligence program in Takeda (e.g. divestment, acquisitions, close-out, etc.)
- Lead establishment of relationships with environment agencies, partners and other sector associations on environment aspects (e.g. JPCL, PEG, PSCI environment, RE-100…)
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Behavioral Competencies And Skills
- Degree in life sciences, engineering or similar field
- 15+ years of experience within a Pharmaceutical, Bio-pharmaceutical, preferred
- Prior experience managing EHS at a manufacturing plant or site based facility is required.
- Previous experience leading teams across multiple locations
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, regulatory agencies and vendors
- Previous experience in program management and demonstrated application of environment, health and safety practices.
Core Competency model (minimum): Engage Others (Critical), Collaboration (Critical), Drive for results (Critical), Strategic Approach (Critical), Lead Change (Critical), Self-Awareness (Important) , Develop Capabilities (Important),
Leadership Behaviours: Strategic enterprise thinking (critical), Creates the environment that inspires (critical),
Focuses on the few priorities (critical), Elevates the capabilities (important)
Desired: Industry certifications desired (i.e., Chartered Engineer, Certified Safety Professional, Chartered Safety Professional, etc.)Apply now