Acre is recruiting for a Global Manager, Solutions at a global high street retailer in their expanding, and highly progressive global solutions team.
Acre is supporting this company in their highly important search for a Global Manager, Solutions; to drive development and implementation of their global work to support improved working conditions and human rights outcomes across the supply chain. You’ll be part of their 100+ global team and will manage multiple external third party partnerships across our key sourcing countries as well as represent the company in various industry-wide initiatives.
Reporting into the Global Solutions Controller – Solutions, the successful candidate will help to identify and shape global priorities and work closely with country teams to support the development and implementation of priorities at the local level.
- Contributing to strategy and policy development for the Global Solutions team
- Building and developing processes to support, monitor and report high profile remediation – shaping opportunities for proactive initiatives from reactive workstreams
- Engaging with external stakeholders to ensure the development and alignment of the global solutions portfolio and approach with international best practice
- Overseeing project implementation and driving strengthened impact across the portfolio
- Regular engagement with country teams to support progress and facilitate learning and sharing of best practice across the global team
The successful candidate will be both experienced in, and passionate about, capacity building and solving complex social supply chain issues; demonstrating a flexible, creative and robust approach to resolving such issues. You’ll have a deep interest in business and human rights and preferred experience working in global supply chains, with expertise in managing complex projects and initiatives in challenging contexts.
In addition, you will have:
- Strong brand/private sector exposure to global solutions topics
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, coaching and team development skills
- Robust knowledge of local and regional labour issues and/or legislation
- Pragmatism; appreciating the bigger picture and comfortable with trade-offs
- Experience working with relevant NGO partners/3rd parties to support with solutions and remediation initiatives
- Strong project management skills with an analytical and detail-focused approach to MEL