Mars has an excellent opportunity to join their Pet Nutrition business as a Packaging Developer based at their Global Innovation Centre in Birstall. This exciting role supports the delivery of their ambitious 2025 Plastics Strategy and will work with the regional packaging team and technical experts to achieve their packaging goals for Pet Nutrition and Mars.
What are we looking for?
- Degree level education in a technical discipline, science, engineering or packaging/product design
- Experience in the area of packaging development, sustainability, packaging engineering or a technically related discipline.
- An understanding of the interaction between product and packaging (e.g. migration, barrier props) & testing
- Experience in FMCG, flexibles packaging supply base and/or filling technologies knowledge is advantageous
- Fluent in verbal and written English
- Excellent interpersonal skills: communication, relationship building, networking, team working
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Provide up-to-date packaging technology and material expertise and accountable for material evaluations and technical details maintaining trial and test records
- Responsible for the delivery of the material development programs for Care and Treats category to meet the 2025 Plastics Strategy targets
- Understand and translate the relevant legal and technical implications of the plastics strategy and manage their impact on the material development strategy and roadmap in close cooperation with the global packaging team
- Accountable to assess and execute measurements and methods to evaluate the sustainability footprint of current and future packaging solutions
- Management of projects across the portfolio and effectively managing communication, projects risks and influencing decisions.
What can you expect from Mars?
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension.
- Pet-friendly offices, where your pets’ enjoyment is as high on our agenda as yours.
- A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance.
- The chance to take hold of your own career and develop personally and professionally.