There is an exciting opportunity at Sherwin-Williams for a Global Product Sustainability Manager.
Core Responsibilities And Tasks
Manage the development of sustainability marketing, labeling, and communication strategies for the timely delivery of internal and external customer needs.
- Manage the following sustainability functions, programs, and eco-labels.
- Manage and support creation of product declarations/certifications to support global sales efforts for programs such as Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
- Utilize various sustainability Certification Programs of Standards to support sales.
- Assist in Project Management of Sustainability requests and coordination between business units.
- Assist with Sustainability Reporting Requirements such as Carbon Disclosure Project, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, and the Global Reporting Initiative.
- Receive life cycle assessment (LCA) requests from Sherwin-Williams business units and manage production of needed Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs)/LCAs with Company technical experts.
- Assist in development, maintenance, and dissemination of internal sustainability and product stewardship tools.
- Assist in administration of customer sustainability surveys. Responsible for collecting, analyzing and presenting the data internally and submitting to external parties.
- Other Duties
- Work with businesses to develop marketing strategies specific for their customer base that leverage the above tools/programs
- Receive, track and fulfill requests for the above programs and archive the requests appropriately
- Complete analyses in accordance with established processes and publish results
- Work with IT and internal experts to develop processes and tools to streamline assessments
- Monitor new sustainability standard and customer requirements and modify company processes as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, 10 years’ experience in sustainability specifically in the chemical, industrial or consumer products industry
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree with a concentration in environmental science/policy, business, science or related field
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years of professional experience in sustainability or related field
- Experience with the LEED green building program.
- 7-10 years of professional experience in sustainability
- Previous experience with sustainability programs such as Green Screen, Green Seal, Health Product Declaration, WELL, Living Building Challenge, and Environmental Product Declarations