World Resources Institute is looking for a Global Senior Manager, Electric Vehicles.
In this role, you will join our growing Cities Program team and lead the team’s research efforts and help define our global strategy on the topic of electric mobility. You will work in close collaboration with our Energy and Climate programs, as well as with our International Offices in India, China, Mexico, and Colombia.
You will be a key subject matter expert, who will engage with internal and external stakeholders and use your expertise to lead cutting-edge research and to lead our external communications on EVs.
Your main areas of responsibility will include the following:
Research & Policy: (70% of time required)
- In collaboration with WRI’s International Offices, develop a standard WRI global offering for cities to deploy Electric Vehicles with greatest environmental, social, and economic benefits
- Influence city policy, and by extension, national policy, on responsible EV deployment
- Author or co-author knowledge products (e.g., newsletters, reports, briefs, data-products)
- Compare and contrast EV markets across WRI geographies
- Suggest and implement methods that lead to robust and unbiased knowledge products
- Mentor junior researchers
- Integrate Urban Efficiency and Urban Mobility areas
Program Development (30% of time required)
- Contribute to research proposals for seven-figure fundraising targets
- Design topics and themes for WRI convenings on EVs
- Identify and develop funding partner relationships through external outreach; conduct due diligence on feasibility of use through fit-gap analysis
- Monitor and comply with sub agreement guidelines
- Contribute to presentations and donor proposals
Additionally, in keeping with WRI’s commitment to gender equity across our programs, you will also be required to identify relevant gender issues, as determined through a gender analysis, and ensure adequate and effective attention to these issues in project and partner development, budgeting and management.
- Master’s degree in engineering, economics, urban planning, transport or a related area
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant, full-time work experience researching or consulting on EVs and/or electric mobility with a minimum of 3 years of additional experience in program or organizational leadership
- Extensive public speaking and publishing record
- Exceptionally good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical research skills
- Detail-oriented and organized thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to travel 20% or more
- Fluent in English
- Language proficiency in Hindi, Mandarin, Portuguese and/or Spanish
- Ph.D. in relevant field