PepsiCo is looking for a creative expert looking to help build and activate a set of pre-competitive sustainability partnerships as Global Sustainability Sr Manager – Agriculture Partnerships.
In this role they will work on with leading private and public entities looking to drive sustainable and regenerative agriculture and support resilient rural communities.
This person will be responsible for managing current partnerships and creating new partnerships to solve landscape level challenges that go beyond any single supply chain or single issue. PepsiCo is looking to join and create new coalitions working on systemic issues such as climate resilience, livelihoods, climate mitigation, empowering women in agriculture, whole farm and multi-year regenerative agriculture, biodiversity, and many others.
This individual will have the chance to find, scope, and develop partnerships for execution of the Positive Agriculture+ agenda in key landscapes within the PepsiCo supply chains. They will lead engagement, opportunity identification, program creation and oversight, technical inputs, and internal PepsiCo capacity building and engagement. Partners will include public and private sector collaborative partners such as peers, customers, funders, suppliers, technology partners, project implementers, and subject matter experts as relevant.
They will need to have an ability to understand the system that creates the challenges we see today and understand how diverse coalitions and actions can shift that system to a better state. They will need to translate internal and external language about priorities into jointly shared program goals that can be moved towards concrete action. The Senior Manager will work with PepsiCo internal teams focused on sustainable and regenerative agricultural outcomes across multiple regions and rolls.
Specific accountabilities will include:
- Engage internal PepsiCo teams to understand their pep+ priorities, resources, challenges, and commitment to innovative solutions, which forms the foundation for any successful partnership with external organizations
- Play a central role in expanding the portfolio of PepsiCo leadership by developing and deepening relationships in key landscapes with international development donor agencies, government extension, customers, suppliers, technology providers, Foundations, commercial entities, finance institutions and others.
- Cultivate and develop shared value partnerships to solve systemic issues in critical regions.
- Manage project and proposal development process, scoping relevant parties to include, trusted advisors to farmers, and creating coalitions of interested parties.
- Engage internal teams across supply chain functions to create partnerships with benefits to and integration into multiple functions and build PepsiCo networks cross-functionally.
- Provide capacity building to PepsiCo procurement and agricultural farmer facing teams around working on issues of sustainable agriculture with diverse and complex partners
- Contribute to the PepsiCo pipeline of innovative solutions to complex challenges
- Represent PepsiCo’s agricultural strategy and goals with external partners
- Design strategy to support growth and development of strategic implementers who are critical to the scaling of Positive Agriculture practices across multiple crops and geographies.
- Lead the execution of the internal Positive Agriculture Outcomes Fund that accelerates creation, launch, and execution of global projects that accelerate and scale progress towards Positive Agriculture goals.
- Ensure successful execution of a portfolio of partnership programs in the areas of social, environmental, and economic improvements in agricultural communities touched by PepsiCo supply chains globally. This includes the several notable partnerships working to demonstrate the business case for women’s empowerment.
- Enable ownership and operationalization of strategic partnerships by internal PepsiCo teams to embed the outcomes of our partnership strategy in the business through:
- Providing technical support to the design, roll-out and implementation of programs.
- Work with the relevant PepsiCo teams to ensure delivery impact in support of the Positive Agriculture goals under pep+.
- Facilitate coalitions and conversations between diverse stakeholders to find shared value goals and activities
- Manage a team of internal and external employees and contractors to support the above activities and the PepsiCo learning agenda and capability building
- Advanced degree in sustainability, agricultural related fields, international development, or other related field
- 8+ years of experience in roles focused on global development context, preferably working with major international development donors and implementers/consultants
- 5+ years of experience in roles working with private sector companies
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing innovative approaches to agricultural community related challenges, with experience in innovative finance or women’s empowerment useful
- Demonstrated experience at organizational learning, capability building and leading through influence.
- Demonstrated track record in facilitating cross-sector collaboration, preferably for international companies, impact investors, NGOs, donors or foundations operating in Africa, Asia, Europe & Eurasia, Latin America, and/or the Middle East.
- Experience with (development) finance and innovative financial models, particularly ones that incentivize the transition to Regenerative Agriculture practices that accelerate the pep+ agenda
- Experience working across different farming systems, including smallholder and large farmers in the Global North and South.
- Familiarity with donor agency policies and processes
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to travel up to 30% – Global
- Must be near major airport
- Ability to work effectively with dynamic, multi-national, and multi-cultural diverse teams
- Covid-19 vaccination may be a condition of employment dependent on role and location. For specific information, please discuss role requirements with the recruiter