A position has become available at Zalando SE for a new Head of Circularity.
As the Head of Circularity at Zalando you are responsible for defining and implementing Zalando’s circularity strategy, with a special focus on sustainable products and circular business models. You lead a team that owns the company’s overall position on circularity and more sustainable products. You are a recognized expert guiding internal stakeholders and representing Zalando’s work externally.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Defining and implementing Zalando’s overarching circularity strategy with a special focus on embedding circular principles into new and existing business models.
- Leading the team that owns Zalando’s corporate position on circularity, defining and integrating circular principles across a range of business areas.
- Providing expert guidance to internal stakeholders including our Management Board on our progress towards our 2023 strategy goal of extending the life of 50 million products.
- Taking advantage of emerging global trends in circularity, developing strategies to maximise opportunities and minimize risk from innovative new business models.
- Providing and enabling thought leadership for Zalando’s circularity sustainability work, e.g. via collaboration with and participation in industry initiatives and research institutions.
- Deriving meaningful guidance and insights from data to drive internal commercial strategy decisions, clearly communicating them to various audiences and effectively leveraging our impact for external communication opportunities.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have 10+ years commercial experience in business strategy, new business innovation, corporate sustainability, or a related field.
- You have strong knowledge of innovative and/or circular business models and a clear track record of successfully embedding these into new and existing business models.
- You are a strategic commercial thinker who is comfortable in fast-paced environments and can provide well thought through solutions based on data analysis while considering the ‘bigger picture’.
- You have excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to work across multiple teams in a large organization, align goals and drive overall success independent of organisational boundaries.
- You possess excellent communication skills with the ability to translate complexity into clarity and experience of updating C-level stakeholders.
- You have a strong track record in leading and developing people.