Zalando is recruiting for a new Head of Environmental Sustainability.
As the Head of Environmental Sustainability (m/f/d) at Zalando you are responsible for leading Zalando’s environmental sustainability strategy with a special focus on our climate and packaging goals. You lead a team of environmental experts and own the company’s position on climate action, sustainable packaging and other relevant environmental sustainability topics. You are a recognized expert guiding internal stakeholders and representing Zalando’s work externally.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Defining and implementing Zalando’s overarching environmental strategy with a special focus on our climate and packaging efforts, but also related topics such as chemicals.
- Leading the team that owns Zalando’s sustainable packaging expertise and corporate carbon footprint, defining and prioritising reduction areas and initiatives in line with our science-based targets.
- Providing expert guidance to internal stakeholders including our Management Board on successfully reducing our environmental footprint and achieving our sustainability strategy.
- Providing and enabling thought leadership for Zalando’s environmental sustainability work, e.g. via collaboration with and participation in industry initiatives and bringing the industry knowledge into our environmental strategy.
- Monitoring emerging global environmental trends, innovation and regulation directions with a special focus on carbon, single-use plastic and circularity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have 10+ years experience in environmental management, sustainability or a related field.
- You have strong knowledge of climate and/or packaging sustainability with a clear track record of successfully implementing climate strategies across large businesses.
- You are a strategic thinker who is comfortable in fast-paced environments and can provide well thought through solutions based on data analysis while considering the ‘bigger picture’
- You have excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to work across multiple teams in a large organization, align goals and drive overall success independent of organisational boundaries.
- You possess excellent communication skills with the ability to translate complexity into clarity and experience of updating C-level stakeholders.
- You have a strong track record in leading and developing people.