Acre is looking for a new Head of Human Rights.
As the Head of Human Rights, you will help the organization to build on their existing work and improve the lives of millions of people around the world. The organisation’s global influence will allow you to engage with governments and private organisations to drive real change and deliver a fairer world for all people in society.
- Review existing approaches to Human Rights within the organisation, before designing and implementing a new framework covering all aspects of the topic, in line with the UN Guiding Principles
- Engage stakeholders at a local, regional and global level, in order to ensure the new framework is being implemented in all the organisation’s activities
- Ensure the implementation and monitoring of relevant due diligence programmes
- Represent the organization in relevant international events and forums
Experience / Attributes
- A strong understanding of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- A background in implementing wide-reaching Human Rights programmes in complex organisations
- Able to engage with a diverse stakeholder base, including NGOs, Corporates and Governments