Exciting opportunity at Morningstar for a new Head of Product Management, ESG Indexes.
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, collaborative and experienced product manager looking to join a fast-growing business. The Head of Product Management leads the commercial success of the ESG Index product range, spanning multiple asset classes. Reporting to the Head of Indexes & Product Research, you will be part of a global team with colleagues based in the US, EMEA, Asia and Australia. You will work closely with the Research team to collaborate on new index development ideas as the voice of the client and the marketplace, ensuring product capabilities are aligned with the global market opportunities. In addition, you will work closely with Sales and Marketing to enable our teams and drive adoption of our index range. This position may be based in one of our major offices, ideally Chicago, New York or London.
- Lead the commercial success of Morningstar’s ESG Indexes by partnering with Sales, Marketing and Research.
- Develop and execute the ESG Indexes product strategy, roadmap and go to market strategies.
- Partner and contribute to the ESG Indexes product development process based on Morningstar’s thought leadership, in addition to client and market intelligence.
- Develop strong relationships with Sustainalytics and collaborate on new index opportunities.
- Collaborate with Sales and Research teams to identify new business and product development opportunities.
- Develop client engagement plans including relevant collateral with the marketing and implementation teams.
- Serve as a subject matter expert throughout the sales process; and escalation point for client issues.
- A seasoned professional with relevant experience managing ESG data products/services or applying ESG criteria to indexes or investment portfolios.
- Solid understanding of the evolving ESG regulatory environment and its potential impact on benchmarks and benchmark providers.
- Proven track-record growing revenue through client acquisition and new product launches.
- Experience in indexes is a plus.
- Collaborate, communicate and influence to build significant internal and external partnerships.
- Excellent client-focus and service mindset.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced global work environment, exhibit a passion for innovation, and harbor a genuine belief in Morningstar’s core values.
- Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic credentials. MBA or CFA desired.
- For internal candidates, knowledge of Morningstar Data and Direct desired.
- Some travel required.