A position has become available at Kimberly-Clark for a KCNA Safety & Sustainability Leader.
Summary Of Position
The incumbent is accountable to develop, deploy & deliver standard sustainable Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S) capabilities that deliver a step change in EHS&S performance that mitigate risks associated with:
- EHS Maturity Model Expected Performance
- Fatality Elimination (Sentinel)
- Injury/Illness Prevention
- Sustainability Leader
Responsible to drive and/or check and adjust initiatives so that our employees remain safe and our sites compliant with health and environmental regulations.
- In this matrix organization, this key EHS&S leadership position that sets strategic direction for the KCNA region which is made up of 12 KCNA manufacturing facilities, 2 experimental facilities, & 5 staff locations.
- He/she is responsible to build the capabilities and skills of the EHS&S organizations located at each facility.
- The incumbent in this role provides leadership in the development of KCNA Supply Chain EHS&S strategy and initiatives- including ONE KCNA Standardization, technical solutions, behavioral expectations and processes/procedures to be deployed across the KCNA organization. This includes leading solutions that address all three objectives of the K-C EHS Maturity Model – Mindset, Behaviors and Capabilities, Risk Reduction & Compliance and Management Systems.
- The incumbent influences the allocation of capital spending and the prioritization across KCNA for strategic EHS&S spending.
All KCNA Employees As Well As The Following
KCNA Senior Leadership Team;
- Senior leaders of the KCNA Supply Chain;
- Senior leaders of the Family Care & Personal Care North America businesses;
- Facility EHS&S leaders across the KCNA Manufacturing & Experimental facilities;
- Facility Managers & Leadership Teams across the KCNA Manufacturing & Experimental facilities;
- Personal Care & Family Care R&E Leaders and teams;
- Global Supply Chain Teams;
- GOSH (Global Occupational Safety and Health);
- Global Environmental Team;
- Global Sustainability Team;
- External Regulatory Agencies.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Visibly demonstrate that safety is a value by following safety procedures, maintaining a safe workplace, complying with safety rules, and holding others to the same standard.
- Create and foster EHS&S programs that lead to the creation of a culture where EHS&S is recognized as a value.
- Ensure full compliance with the wide range of applicable EHS&S laws, regulations, codes and standards in North America.
- Demonstrate quality as a core value. Ensure product quality and safety are considered as necessary while performing the duties of this role.
- For highly regulated sites, understands and ensures compliance with FDA cGMP regulatory requirements as they relate to CFR 820 (Code of Federal Requirements).
- Manage yourself in accordance with the One K-C Behaviors and values.
- This role is the key influencer and leader to consult on EHS&S issues and support the Portfolio Leaders, Research Engineering, and Facility Operating / Management Teams in addressing key EHS&S issues and appropriately utilizing Lean principles to deliver intended business results.
- Coach & develop his/her team as well as site EHS&S leaders including on-going succession planning.
- Serve as the environmental and sustainability technical resource to all KCNA employees and build their capability as it relates to same.
- Collaborate and support the EHS&S leader, extended EHS&S team & regional EHS&S leaders to ensure alignment in objectives and constancy of purpose.
- Represent KCNA on the Global EHS Council.
- Lead the implementation and the work involved for sustaining and continuously improving the K-C EHS Maturity Model, Management System w/ associated Performance Standards to deliver the expected performance.
- Orchestrate the development and execution of the KCNA Safety & Sustainability strategy.
- Ensure that KCNA facilities EHS&S activities are aligned with and support the KCNA EHS&S strategies, systems and policies as well as regional initiatives.
- Identify environmental and sustainability hazards and manage them to acceptable levels of risk or impact.
- Manage and support both external and internal audits, investigations, etc.
- Influence spending to deliver improvements in EHS&S for our people and the region to deliver objectives.
- Influence site leaders through education and demonstration of the value of sustainability efforts.
- Ensure EHS&S projects are in the pipeline and are forecasted appropriately.
Education, Experience And Qualifications
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree & master’s degree in an occupational safety, environmental, science or engineering discipline.
- 10-12 years of relevant work experience, with a minimum 10 year’s experience in a high-speed industrial manufacturing environment/plant experience.
- Experience in the management/leadership of significant process improvement implementations where influence skills (without direct reporting responsibility) were utilized.
- Incumbent would possess demonstrated ability to organize and lead by influence a multi-functional team and foster a proactive team environment.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset.
- Demonstrated strategic and critical thinking as well as direction setting skills.
- Strong communication skills and aptness to inspire a broad audience (R&E, Operations, Sales, Marketing, varying levels, etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory requirements of OSHA, EPA, NFPA, and other international, federal & state, local standards & regulations is required.
- Normal scheduled hours will vary based on the need to support a 24/7 Operation.
- Flexibility to travel (Domestic & International) up to 30% for benchmarking and best practice sharing across KCNA & Kimberly-Clark.
- Ability to work in both an office & manufacturing environment.