The position of Manager, Climate & Financial Services has become available at BSR (Business for Social Responsibility).
Managers work collaboratively across BSR’s industry and practice teams on a range of consulting, grant-funded projects, and collaborative initiatives. Managers ensure exceptional project execution and high-quality engagement with BSR member companies and other partners.
- Project Management and Implementation: Assume responsibility for implementing consulting and grant-funded projects, which includes overseeing project scope, timeline, deliverable quality and budget; managing clients and project teams; providing subject matter expertise; conducting primary research, including leading stakeholder interviews; utilizing tools; and presenting at and facilitating client meetings.
- Member and Client Management: Maintain day-to-day client relationships; oversee member relationships; and support member recruitment and business development.
- Team management: Lead project teams to effectively execute project objectives, outcomes, and impacts; establish the standards by which the project will be guided, including managing senior team members; and support team members’ learning and skills development.
This position will focus on supporting BSR’s engagements relating to climate change and the financial services industry, and their intersection.
- Climate Change: BSR works with our member companies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and build resilience to unavoidable climate impacts, advancing the goals of the Paris Agreement. The Manager will work closely with BSR’s global climate team to build, align, and execute our portfolio of work.
- Financial Services: BSR works with approximately fifty member companies in the financial services sector, including private capital investors, banks, insurance companies, asset managers, and financial technology companies. The Manager will work closely with BSR’s financial services team to enhance the sustainability of those companies; to integrate climate and sustainability considerations into their investments, products, and services; and to help companies in other industries understand the evolving landscape of sustainable investing.
- Master’s degree in business , sustainability , or CSR and 7 years of relevant professional experience from a top-tier consulting firm , NG O , or similar role in a corporate role ( or equivalent education and experience ) .
- Significant experience working on climate change and /or financial services is required . This may include conducting climate risk analysis, setting climate-related goals, advancing climate resilience or carbon reduction efforts, working on scope 3 emissions, etc. , and/or conducting investment research and analysis, consulting with financial services firms, driving sustainability/ESG-related initiatives within a firm, working on ESG-related shareholder activity, working in a civil society organization that addresses investment/finance-related themes, etc. Direct experience in climate finance is a significant plus.
- Proven track record of success in working with business in a client/customer-facing position. Well-developed interpersonal skills for high-level interaction with members and other companies.
- Experience managing multiple, disparate projects simultaneously.
- High degree of fluency in English required, with fluency in a second language a plus.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills. Strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to undertake up to 25% business travel post COVID-19.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect, and integrity.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.