.Amazon is seeking a Manager, Corporate Communications, Sustainability.
The role can be located in Arlington, VA or Seattle, WA. As a Manager, Corporate Communications, you will lead a small team of Amazonians and be empowered to create and lead high visibility public relations campaigns that explain Amazon’s work in the corporate responsibility and sustainability space.
- Act as a PR business partner to the Sustainability business leadership teams.
- Work closely with Global Corporate Affairs leadership and team members.
- Strategically lead the external education narrative of Amazon’s Sustainability work.
- Lead campaigns that highlight the breath, diversity and success of Amazon’s corporate responsibility programs
- Develop, build and maintain strong relationships with press contacts.
- Handle proactive PR campaigning and reactive media issues management
- Collaborate closely with Amazon Public Policy team.
- Serve as a global liaison for international PR teams, helping to coordinate international plans and launches.
- Write press releases; pitch and secure top media, including print, broadcast and online outlets.
- Work with executives and internal teams to evolve the small business on Amazon storytelling.
- Deliver strategic counsel to internal executives.
- 7+ years of public relations experience.
- Experience in corporate responsibility and sustainability communications.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Ensures integrated communications approach, considering all audiences and communications channels