Champion Petfoods is expanding and is seeking a Manager, Corporate Responsibility.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Manager of Corporate Responsibility will be responsible for driving Champion’s Corporate Responsibility agenda, providing thought leadership and hands-on execution for the environmental and social initiatives across the global organization.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of positive impact across a diverse range of areas within sustainability, able to work within higher levels of ambiguity to set strategy as well as build programs from a formative stage.
This role is based out of our corporate office located in Boulder, CO.
- Build out and manage the company’s sustainability specific education initiatives, building awareness and skills across the organization in this area
- Provide thought leadership for the company’s long-term corporate responsibility plan along with the strategies required to deliver against the established goals
- Manage corporate responsibility reporting as well as lead completion of any internal audits or external certifications
- Partner with corporate communications to prepare the corporate responsibility annual report as well as various internal and external communication
- Review best practices and develop policies and programs to advance corporate responsibility for the organization
- Lead and/or coordinate corporate responsibility related events
- Manage the financial donations program, setting strategy as well as working directly with current and prospective partners
- Bachelor’s Degree required with focus in environmental studies/science, sustainability or a related area preferred
- 5 years of experience including time spent specifically related to environmental sustainability
- Ability to effectively partner cross-functionally, as well as across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated track record of influencing to drive decisions and implement change
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation), both internally as well as in representing Champion with external stakeholders
- Data analytical skills, with the ability to review data and build a broader story
- Strong project management skills to lead highly complex, org-wide initiatives
- Problem solving and decision-making skills to diagnosis critical challenges and opportunities, as well as develop business solutions to address
- Ability to create engagement and enthusiasm across the company, ensuring corporate responsibility is top of mind for all employees and included broadly in objectives
- Willing to be very hands on, managing both strategy as well as execution, building new programs as needed from the ground up
- Travel required