Sony Corporation of America (SCA) is seeking a Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) to join their team.
Reporting to the Senior Director of CSR, this person will be responsible for advancing strategies that help to extend philanthropic programs and activities including key advocacy initiatives for Sony Corporation of America and the identification and development of “One Sony” opportunities across all of the U.S. businesses. This position will seek opportunities that foster strong partnerships with local and national nonprofit organizations to bring unique and innovative partnerships and employee volunteer programs to employees. The Manager of CSR will represent and support Sony’s philanthropic mission through a commitment to diversity and inclusion, education, sustainability and community growth.
- Develop, manage and execute strategic partnerships with local and national nonprofit organizations including building internship and scholarship programs.
- Manage initiatives focused on Sony Corporation of America’s commitment to support social justice, diversity initiatives, and community through philanthropic endeavors.
- Develop, manage and execute strategic employee volunteer programs that further enhance Sony’s philanthropic mission and focus.
- Manage relationships and organizations that reach out for funding or are recommended for funding; communicate stakeholder updates, track investments.
- Seek to amplify Sony’s philanthropic relationships and social and advocacy efforts, coordinating closely with HR and the Corporate Communications team, including drafting all CSR-related internal communications.
- Work with SCA Corporate Communications on all publicity, marketing and internal communications efforts.
- Manage CSR content om the sony.com website including content, layout, graphics and links, coordinating with the CSR teams across the U.S. operating companies.
- Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Support charitable initiatives reflecting Sony’s existing commitment to corporate giving.
- Additional work will focus on the coordination (collaboration with internal teams) of the measurement and evaluation of the community investment portfolio, identification of employee engagement opportunities and execution of an integrated communication plan to support and amplify Sony Corporation of America’s community initiatives. (One Sony).
- Oversee the Senior Coordinator of Communications and Social Responsibility, ensuring support for all volunteer, internship and scholarship efforts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years related work experience; this includes managing a corporate social responsibility or related social impact program.
- High level stakeholder and/or portfolio management experience across a few of the following sectors: diversity, nonprofit, education, or youth development.
- Experience with project management, managing daily activities and delivering results in a cross-functional, collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Work with team leads to help ensure strategy and execution alignment, and drive decision making.
- Excellent communication, analytical, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a large, matrixed organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with different levels within the organization, including senior executives.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Corporate Partnerships – The ability to manage and leverage strategic internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of the business goals.
- This includes leading and managing key community outreach and involvement initiatives; client engagement in the development, execution, and evaluation of program/project strategy and initiatives.
- Detail Oriented – The ability to pay close attention to all of the small particulars. Focus closely on each project and find ways to complete most efficiently.
- Representing the Company – The ability to establish, maintain, and manage relationships with key individuals/groups/clients and understand that others view you as the spokesperson or representative of the company. This includes the ability to present the company’s perspective to various external organizations.
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA.