Aramark is looking for an experienced and detail-oriented sustainability professional who can function independently with diverse stakeholders and manage through influence across levels and functions to be their new Manager, Enterprise Sustainability – Climate. This position also requires an individual who operates with a sense of urgency and a consistent awareness of deadlines and results.
The Enterprise Sustainability Manager – Climate leads implementation of the Company’s climate goal. This is a pivotal role responsible for driving the company’s strategy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) by 15% by the end of 2025. As a member of the Enterprise Sustainability team, this role is critical to effective implementation of Be Well. Do Well., the company’s plan to positively impact people and the planet.
This position reports directly to Aramark’s VP of Enterprise Sustainability and works collaboratively across the organization domestically and internationally. The role is responsible for managing cross-functional teams and external consultants to effectively track, reduce and report on the company’s greenhouse gas emissions, thus reducing its carbon footprint.
- Lead development of climate roadmaps to support functional teams in defining and driving pathways to achieve the company’s public climate goal.
- Manage cross-functional working group involving teams across food, facilities and uniforms businesses, and regularly engage subject matter experts (SME) responsible for identifying, implementing and tracking the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions across functions, businesses and geographies.
- Oversee third-party consultant and manage regular interactions with SMEs to collect scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions data to support annual greenhouse gas inventory and public reporting. Ensure adherence to and maintenance of Inventory Management Plan (IMP).
- Provide climate/GHG subject matter expertise to guide and inform workstreams including supply chain, culinary development, site-level energy consumption, food waste reduction and others.
- Develop quarterly and annual leadership updates on progress toward climate goal including identification of accomplishments, measurable impact, and challenges and barriers. Support leadership teams in holding functional owners accountable to drive their reduction measures and track impact
- Support functions and businesses in developing GHG reduction plans and timelines to ensure the company achieves and, if possible, exceeds the public climate goal. Provide support to functions during review and approval of annual plans with respective executive leadership teams.
- Expand GHG inventory scope year-over-year and continually evaluate if scope of data collection meets Science Based Target initiative (SBTi) criteria.
- Coordinate with SMEs and complete submission of responses to CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project – Climate, Supply Chain and Forestry). Support data collection and submission of other ESG/sustainability reporting frameworks.
- Serve as climate subject matter expert in discussions with clients, investors, and NGOs. Collaborate with Communications and Marketing to develop and convey key messages, building internal and external awareness and activation to achieve the Company’s climate goal.
- Maintain insights and trends, and conduct industry and competitive analysis on climate goals, performance, and reporting.
- Support enterprise sustainability reporting process by tracking of key performance indicators (KPIs) relevant to internal targets and public goals and ensuring timely and accurate data capture. Collaborate with functions and subject matter experts (SMEs) including communications, investor relations, diversity, environmental, community relations, supply chain and others.
- Candidates must have at least 7 (seven) yrs. of experience working in a corporate, agency or non-profit.
- Relevant Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in sustainability/climate change/environmental management, or related degree with relevant previous experience would be a plus.
- Track record of managing greenhouse gas inventories, and familiarity with the GHG Protocol and SBTi.
- Detailed knowledge of GHG emissions scopes and solid understanding of GHG accounting.
- Experience managing consistent and accurate data collection, leveraging IT solutions as applicable.
- Proven ability to read, analyze, interpret and translate large sets of data into simple insights or reports.
- Proven track record managing public reporting including CDP and TCFD.Excellent project management and strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Analytic thinker and ability to problem-solve including evaluation and identification of solutions.
- Proven ability to inspire, collaborate and manage internal relationships and cultivate partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience influencing without formal authority to accomplish company-wide goals.
- Experienced individual contributor, able to work independently and as part of a high-performing team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate exemplary personal judgment given sensitive content.
- Able to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of subordinates, colleagues and senior leaders.