Danone is growing and the position of Manager, Environmental Stewardship has become available.
The Manager of Environmental Stewardship will report to the Senior Director, Sustainable Development and Public Benefit. This individual will support critical DNA efforts in several areas:
- Our expert on nature topics and projects focusing on climate, carbon, energy, food waste and water cycles
- Advance operations efficiency efforts, innovations, and absolute resource reduction programs
- Activate watershed level stewardship strategy and programs
- Supporting Packaging Circularity lead on projects, partnerships and industry connectivity/solutions related to circularity ambitions
- Develop and deliver additional environmental programs to ensure compliance and stewardship across the business
- Bridge gaps between data and execution/impact to deliver company goals to preserve and renew the planet’s resources.
- Serve as a company subject matter expert on topics including: climate change resilience, energy (renewable energy), watersheds and stewardship, circularity, sustainable packaging, resource conservation, food waste, and waste management as they relate to sustainable development issues, solutions, operations and policy. As a subject matter expert this role is also responsible to bring learning from the outside into the organization to support integrating the related capabilities within the organization.
- Responsible for developing strategies, solutions and science-based targets, that will drive progress towards our energy, waste, water and carbon reduction goals across all DNA brands, offices, plants and farms.
- Provides strategic advice and consultation to cross-functional teams across the organization for relevant topics of focus.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of data management practices and processes to track, analyze and monitor resource conservation and environmental stewardship projects and programs.
- Leads and facilitates the planning and development of collaborative initiatives related to resource conservation, environmental stewardship and reductions/improvements toward our many sustainable development goals, as well as measure and evaluate program and project efficacy; creating internal support and buy-in to drive execution of plans and initiatives.
- Leads planning and execution of multiple highly visible and complex projects that promote sustainable development commitments or drive business results. Examples could include:
- Designs and initiates programs that maximize the company’s ability to successfully integrate science-based targets, programs and monitoring to advance our net zero carbon ambition, as well as our operational commitments to reduce water, increase renewable energy, and drive operational efficiency and savings through sustainable practice integration.
- Executes our global watershed strategy by engaging with external partners and stakeholders in key watersheds to develop and execute local stewardship plans.
- Sustainable packaging strategies and initiatives that help us meet our 2025 circularity goals for 100% reusable, recyclable or compostable packaging and those that help us solve for waste management systems to ensure we do our part to support transformation of the infrastructure and systems needed to collect and deliver high-quality and readily available recyclable materials.
- In collaboration with other internal functional leads, this role will seek, build, and maintain cooperative relationships with key external stakeholders and lead partnership opportunities with private, government and non-governmental organizations to advance Sustainable Development policies, strategies and foster continuous improvement.
- Manages complex agreements or contracts with external vendors.
- Conducts research and environmental impact assessments to continuously broaden our knowledge about our products and processes.
- Communicates Sustainable Development content and results to external stakeholders and public audiences.