The Hershey Company is seeking a talented sustainability professional with environmental expertise to join the Global Sustainability and Social Impact team.
The Global Sustainability and Social Impact team has strategic responsibly for Hershey’s ESG activities and works with business partners across the organization to implement Hershey’s ESG policies and programs. As a member of the team, the individual will design and implement programs and work cross-functionally to enable Hershey to deliver on its external and internal environmental sustainability commitments and improve Hershey’s overall environmental sustainability performance.
- Manage Hershey’s environmental sustainability strategy across the entire environmental footprint (owned facilities, co-manufacturing partnerships, and supply chain). Coordinate with specific area or site owners towards delivering company commitments and reducing/negating Hershey’s environmental impact.
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of Science Based Targets (SBT), leveraging understanding of methods, benchmarking and measuring the company impact in both owned facilities, co-manufacturing partnerships, and multiple commodity supply chains.
- Develop plans to deliver company SBT commitment across Scope 1, 2, and 3. Work across the organization to build and align plans and resources to deliver commitments.
- Own and deliver Hershey’s global water assessment and target setting across entire company footprint. Determine context-based methodology to utilize for the assessment, build baselines, work with external stakeholders, and build, develop and align multi-year water reduction targets
- Develop and coordinate company position and programming on cross-cutting environmental issues in the supply chain (i.e. deforestation, regenerative agriculture, etc.)
- Identify environmental resource reduction opportunities based on external learning and best-in-class examples and support cross-functional partners in delivering reductions to meet company commitments.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with cross-functional partners to plan, manage and execute on environmental programs
- Ensure implementation plans are effectively managed and milestones are achieved
- Manage project budgets, schedules, action and workplans, and resources to project completion
- Build relationships with external experts and partners to support environmental program delivery
- B.A. in relevant field (4 years). Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of related work experience in environmental sustainability with a track record of effectively managing programs in an empowered and changing environment.
- Strong influencing, collaboration, oral and written communications skills
- Highly organized with strong project management skills
- Experience leading and facilitating group process and collaboration
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills required with ability to track, measure and identify improvement solutions
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, moving and managing projects with differing objectives, milestones and deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results with a strong sense of urgency