Rodan + Fields’ seek an experienced sustainability professional to support the development and execution of environmental sustainability programs, as Manager, Environmental Sustainability. Working cross-functionally with business units to integrate sustainable practices into strategic business decisions.
The Manager, Environmental Sustainability, will work with the Director, ESG and key stakeholders to fulfill our ESG mission of mitigating risk and driving progress on our sustainability goals.
The successful candidate will have experience leading sustainability programs that reduce carbon emissions and minimize resource depletion as well as knowledge of circular packaging and responsible sourcing. The candidate will have the ability to manage and interpret sustainability metrics and clearly communicate how sustainability programs result in operational and environmental benefits.
This position will support the development and implementation of environmental sustainability activities including but not limited to:
- Collaborate cross-functionally to design, implement, and measure sustainability programs, such as energy/GHG reduction, waste diversion, sustainable packaging, responsible sourcing, that align with corporate ESG goals.
- Serve as the subject matter expert in operational and product sustainability and partner with business units to manage programs that combat climate change and minimize natural resource depletion and establish annual metrics to measure progress.
- Research and implement material sustainability strategies that mitigate risk and yield operational savings to advance R+F’s ESG goals and elevate sustainability across the company.
- Develop and maintain dashboards to collect and monitor data and distill complex information on ESG metrics to inform responses to external ESG inquiries and in support of the annual ESG report.
- Provide data and support materials to help communicate the company’s sustainability work and achievements.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with external agencies and consultants supporting technical aspects of our sustainability programs.
Competencies & Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience in environmental sustainability, environmental science, or related field.
- Experience building and executing sustainability strategies/programs that mitigate business risk and create long-term value.
- Technical knowledge of carbon accounting, emissions abatement strategies, energy and waste reduction strategies and evaluation techniques.
- Ability to work collaboratively within highly matrixed organizations to mobilize resources and subject matter experts across multiple teams to achieve objectives.
- Familiarity with responsible sourcing trends and experience working with procurement functions to integrate sustainability across the value chain.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve cross-functional buy-in and influence across an organization and effectively communicate results.
- B.A/B.S in sustainability or a related field. Masters preferred.