Boston Scientific is seeking a Manager of Global Communications, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), to lead the development and design of internal and external communications and campaigns that showcase the company’s CSR performance, community and business impact with key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate has strong knowledge of social and environmental sustainability issues, with a passion for driving progress toward achievement of the company’s CSR goals.
Your responsibilities will include
- Develop and implement creative and dynamic external and internal strategic communications plans that amplify the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) performance, community and business impact with the right audiences, laddering up to the corporate reputation strategy using traditional and non-traditional channels.
- Work within the CSR Framework to manage the development and execution of the company’s annual Corporate Performance Report in alignment with strategic goals for external disclosures and third-party assessments.
- Act as the primary lead developing communication materials that demonstrate the progress and results of the company’s multi-year, multi-faceted anti-racism strategy and related external initiatives.
- Engage target audiences using a wide range of partner and owned channels, including social media, events, videos, and internal and external websites.
- Collaboratively identify compelling stories and create written and digital content that effectively communicates the company’s CSR progress, drawing on content, milestones and direction from both CSR and Community Engagement teams.
- Establish strong collaboration with the CSR Framework to identify and drive awareness and engagement with CSR programs throughout the organization.
- Execute the company’s CSR awards & recognition strategy and related communications internally and externally.
- Collaborate with social media team members to coordinate paid and social presence for the company’s CSR activities that uses leading technologies to reach new audiences and enhance engagement with existing key audiences.
- Partner with CSR Council Chair to provide support on CSR initiatives and content or interest to customers, investors and other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate on internal communications, including strategies for communicating with the company’s 36,000 employees to raise awareness of and engagement with the company’s CSR activities, help colleagues tell our story.
- Develop and execute communication strategies that support opportunities for internal and external visibility and engagement of key CSR initiatives and milestones, working closely with the team to define the types of communication deliverables needed.
- Continually measure the impact of communications plans, report performance and recommend/implement improvements.
- Support ad hoc communications assignments across communications department.
What we’re looking for
The role is ideal for someone with a broad knowledge of social and environmental sustainability issues, with a passion for driving progress toward achievement of the company’s CSR goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, CSR, Business Management or related field. Advanced degree a plus.
- Five (5) years of experience driving innovative communications strategies for corporations, campaigns or non-profits, ideally 3-5 years prior experience on a team managing CSR/sustainability initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to support, collaborate and serve in a business partner role, meeting the needs of customers, teams, functions and leaders – with a desire to learn and draw upon existing CSR subject matter experts to understand and develop content.
- Self-starter with a strong track record of achievement; readily accepts responsibility and proactively identifies opportunities to provide assistance.
- Strong written and communications skills.
- Demonstrated success in video content development across various audiences and channels including social media
- Strategic thinker who can work collaboratively with cross-functional colleagues to maximize the value of CSR efforts
- Excellent project management, organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to build effective relationships
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; sound judgment and strong collaborative decision-making skills
- Commitment to exemplifying the highest standards of integrity and professional excellence.
- Specialized training/educational focus on CSR issues and strategy preferred.
- Ability to facilitate meetings with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Strong internet research skills and PowerPoint development skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint in a Windows environment.