McDonald’s is looking for a new Manager, Global Sustainability & Renewable Energy.
High-Level Job Summary
This position will develop and execute McDonald’s global renewable energy strategy in partnership with markets and global functions.
- Develop and execute McDonald’s global renewable energy strategy in partnership with markets and global functions (finance, legal, supply chain, development, government relations, etc.).
- Lead negotiation and transaction administration for U.S. renewable energy deals in service of meeting McDonald’s climate commitments including managing consultant workstreams and budget, vendor partnerships and identifying and selecting deals.
- Partner with relevant internal teams (Community, Government Relations, DEI, etc.) to identify, develop, and implement strategies around social/community impact, policy developments, community engagement, environmental justice, human rights, etc., as it relates to renewable energy and climate.
- Collaborate with food and planet directors to advance forward looking strategic projects and innovation beyond renewable energy related to net zero, circularity, forests, nutrition, resiliency, water, environmental justice, etc.
- Contribute to internal and external communications, engagement, and ESG reporting – including Leadership progress updates, employee/crew engagement, external website updates/announcements, and CDP/Sustainalytics. Develop and lead strong external partnerships with NGO, multi-stakeholder groups and consultants. Maintain understanding of leading trends and changes in climate science, GHG accounting, renewable energy, green buildings, and other focus areas as program evolves, including regulatory issues and shaping policy, in partnership with Government Relations.
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
- 5 years minimum experience.
- Deep knowledge of global social and environmental issues and NGO landscape. Experience managing environmental programs and engaging stakeholders. Experience related to climate science, carbon accounting, renewable energy, energy markets, green building, finance, sustainability-related marketing, and other environmental focus areas, including regulatory issues.
- Enterprise mindset with corporate or high-profile brand experience preferred. Outstanding communication and organizational skills including ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Confidence to engage across all levels of the business and influence without authority. Ability to navigate complex and decentralized organizational structures.
- Degree in sustainability, ESG-related field, business, marketing, or psychology preferred. Advanced degree preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence, and empathy. Ability to quickly build strong working relationships in a decentralized and global environment.