There is an exciting opportunity at AVEVA for a new Manager of Corporate Sustainability.
The Manager of Corporate Sustainability will be responsible to establish and lead a cross-functional AVEVA team that builds our internal activation strategy, roadmap, and execution plan, and establishes measures to gauge our progress. This role will lead and drive our company to better serve our partners, customers and the industries in which we work to have the software and technology to continuously improve sustainable outcomes.
- Assess AVEVA’s current sustainability performance, identifying and prioritizing key sustainability issues to address.
- Develop and manage the corporate sustainability business plan, ensuring buy-in from internal stakeholders.
- Lead project teams to develop and implement sustainability initiatives.
- Work with Real Estate & Facilities to drive and deliver initiatives to reduce company-wide resource consumption and waste generation.
- Support the ‘Action for Good’ team by recommending and supporting sustainability initiatives.
- Build effective partnerships internally and externally to support our sustainability initiatives and goals.
- Provide input and support to the internal Executive Sustainability Steering Committee.
- Provide expertise on corporate sustainability by monitoring and analyzing emerging trends, programs and issues.
- Work with the Internal Communications team to foster a culture of sustainability through ongoing communications and education.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls and measures are in place to support sustainability initiatives and goals.
- Measure and monitor progress against the corporate sustainability business plan and performance targets. Provide reporting to Director of Sustainability.
Skills & Qualifications
Experience of successfully creating a Sustainability vision and leading, developing and implementing the Sustainability strategy in one or more of the following:
- High tech/software companies.
- Companies in industries supported by AVEVA, eg CPG, Food & Bev, Infrastructure, Energy.
- Major consultancy companies.
- Bachelor/Masters Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Environmental Studies. MBA is a plus.
- Experience and success in environmental sustainability issues with proven outcomes.
- Matrix management experience with proven success of leading project teams and managing stakeholders.
- Expertise in policies, benchmarks and metrics, industry consortia and standards.
- Proven track record of translating ideas into actions.
- Confident with building and promoting new initiatives.
- Clear and engaging communication and presenting style.
- Ability to build rapport and robust relationships as well as influencing at all levels.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.