Job opening for Manager of Sustainability Data Governance at PepsiCo.
The Manager of Sustainability Data Governance will be responsible for supporting strategy and leading the global and sector implementation and adoption of digitized sustainability data governance processes to evolve capabilities and risk mitigation measures related to sustainability data and reporting. This role will ensure that the advanced data governance processes in place are communicated and adopted throughout the organization, and are refreshed or evolve on an ongoing basis as needed. This role will also help ensure PepsiCo is moving towards the goal of world-class governance and data management in our sustainability governance and reporting capabilities and will be accountable for processes and solutions related to data compilation, validation, certification, report generation and utilization of sustainability data across the organization to ensure quality, accuracy, completeness and transparency.
- Prioritize and align implementation of an advanced level of Sustainability Information Governance program (SIG) by implementing governance controls framework and risk mitigation plans across sustainability focus areas, in partnership with sustainability subject matter experts
- Processes & Data Governance – Build upon the rigorous data integrity and verification plan foundations created to date, ensuring clear processes and accountability to secure leadership alignment.
- Manage and broaden the adoption of end-to-end external fact approval workflow process.
- Establish, manage, and oversee change management processes for successful ongoing deployment related to SIG program
- Data Risk Mitigation – Evolve governance program for critical sustainability goals by assessing key data risks, integrating/supporting Global Data Quality and data validation measures from a business perspective, and testing internal controls.
- Sustainability Reporting – Ensure delivery of high-quality sustainability reports by leading compilation, validation and certification of sustainability data for external sustainability reports.
- Assist team with ad-hoc requests related to data disclosure/validation etc. to ensure the validity of sustainability claims being made by stakeholders at PepsiCo
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sustainability, Finance, Environmental Science, Engineering or related technical field
- MBA or Masters preferred
- 7+ years’ work experience, exposure in CPG industry desired
- 5+ years of increasing collaboration, teamwork and relationship building skills to influence and collaborate across multiple levels, cultures and functions in the organization
- Exposure in a global work environment a plus
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities with results-focused mindset
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Solid project management skills and the ability to introduce innovative ideas and demonstrate original thinking
- Flexibility and ability to successfully navigate ambiguity and succeed in a fast-paced organization
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills to present facts and provide recommendations
- Strong interest in/understanding of sustainability industry trends, challenges, opportunities
- Acumen and passion for technology and working in supply chain and sustainability domain
- Familiarity with Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainability programs, strategies, communications and related stakeholder engagement a plus