Danone is looking for a Manager, Responsible Sourcing & Production.
The Manager Responsible Sourcing & Production will report to the Senior Director, Sustainable Development and Public Benefit. This individual will support critical DNA efforts in several areas:
- Leading impact projects related to key inputs for brand and corporate equity
- Championing expansion of programs such sustainable agriculture and human rights
- Advancing ingredient programs toward responsibility and transparency ambitions
- Supporting overall company goals by leading development and deployment of biodiversity initiatives
- Supporting the business and brands in creating and connecting meaningful impact programs to consumers and customers through communications and partnerships
- Delivers excellent leadership and project management skills to effectively analyze improvement opportunities for responsible sourcing, transparency and traceability, and sustainability strategies by integrating company-wide initiatives and engaging with internal and external stakeholders including suppliers, brands, customers and non-government organizations (NGOs).
- Partners with the procurement team in the creation and implementation of responsible sourcing policies, projects and commitments, advancing stakeholder engagement and proactive initiatives that address systemic social/environmental supply chain challenges, as well as to mitigate risk and enhance performance.
- Provides subject matter expertise and consultation to the business and cross-functional teams on key topics; sustainable ingredients, emerging trends, industry leading programs, risks, opportunities and solutions.
- Completes risk mapping, materiality assessments and analysis critical to creating the insights and prioritization needed to build and execute relative and impactful strategy and programs.
- Manages collaborative initiatives with internal partners to guide and implement programs that deliver positive impact to our many sustainable development goals, including creating solutions with Research & Innovation teams for new product development concerning risk ingredients, and connecting to initiatives such as reforestation or biodiversity.
- Leads planning and execution of multiple highly visible, highly complex, projects that promote sustainable development commitments and drive business results. Examples could include:
- Development and implementation of sustainable agriculture and responsible sourcing strategies and initiatives (in partnership with procurement leaders) that promote regenerative systems, while utilizing industry recognized programs and established environmental and social metrics for agriculture for a variety of commodities and ingredients including but not limited to almond, soy, dairy ingredients, palm, oat, coffee, cocoa, fruit and sugar.
- Designs and initiates programs that maximize the company’s ability to successfully integrate reduction goals, programs and monitoring to advance our zero-deforestation commitment, responsible sourcing goals, and support our net zero carbon ambition.
- Leads and develops engagement and outreach to advance our company B Corp commitment and continuous improvement through connectivity, diversity, reporting and partnerships.
- Develops and executes internal and external communications and processes for focus areas.
- Co-creates strategy and programs such as positive social impact, economic development, diversity and inclusion, poverty alleviation that support and strengthen our supplier and farmer communities.
- In collaboration with our Government and Industry Affairs team, seeks, builds, and maintains cooperative relationships with key external stakeholders and leads partnership opportunities with private, government and non-governmental organizations to advance relevant Sustainable Development policies, strategies and fostering of continuous improvement.
- Manages a multitude of complex agreements or contracts with external vendors.