Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc is recruiting for a Manager/Senior Manager, Sustainability & Social Impact.
As the Manager/Senior Manager, Sustainability & Social Impact, you will be a key member of the ESG team, with a focus on executing our overall strategy within Ultragenyx and beyond. Delivering on our ESG agenda requires engagement with every area of Ultragenyx’s business. You will support the development and implementation of Ultragenyx’s short- and long-term ESG goals and initiatives, further embedding ESG into everything we do as we lead the sustainable future of rare disease medicine.
Flex: can complete work from home during the pandemic; once return to the office 2-3 days in office to be expected and established with manager
- Drive effective execution of the annual ESG reporting including data collection, reporting writing, editing, validation, and design.
- Lead efforts to baseline environmental footprint data including greenhouse gas emissions, energy, water, and waste within Ultragenyx’s boundaries and supply chain.
- Manage, track, and update key performance indicators relevant to internal targets and external goals and ensure timely and accurate data capture.
- Proactively collaborate with departments and subject matter experts to prioritize and implement ESG plans with defined objectives and targets.
- Manage the launch and operations of UltraGreen teams and employee engagement.
- Coordinate with and provide support to internal employee resource groups to define the impact of the groups’ activities and quantify any measurable indicators.
- In depth technical knowledge in sustainability reporting and with relevant ESG standards such as SASB, GRI, S&P CSA, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced and detail-oriented sustainability professional who can function independently with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong collaborator and able to partner and build trust with a wide range of team members and stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Able to expertly identify issues that need to be addressed and diplomatically advocate, exhibiting compassionate leadership while simultaneously driving for results.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to balance competing priorities while maintaining awareness of deadlines and results.
- Willingness to travel domestically up to 10%.