Miyoko’s Creamery is recruiting for a Manager, Sustainability.
Miyoko’s Creamery is using plants for the collective good of human, animal, and planetary health. Founded in 2014 by Miyoko Schinner as an extension of her passion for culinary and animal welfare, Miyoko’s Creamery has become the fastest growing plant-based dairy company in retail channels, with a core fanbase of vegans, vegetarians and omnivores who enjoy the irresistibly delicious flavors developed through culturing and fermenting plants and churning them into cheese and butter, all while nurturing a sustainable global food system.
The Manager, Sustainability will work with other managers, employees, customers, etc. to address the Miyoko’s approach to environmental responsibility with the goal to minimize our environmental impact.
- Assess and implement sustainability measures within the company and at the plant to reduce waste, water, and resources.
- Create and oversee program to change practices and behaviors internally, including training employees.
- Assess energy and water use and make recommendations for reducing.
- Develop program for eliminating waste (garbage and unsellable product)
- Research and lead the initiative on sustainable packaging solutions for our products
- Establish reasonable goals for the reduction or elimination of plastic for our products.
- Explore new packaging solutions that are compostable or recyclable.
- Work with QA and R & D to vet new packaging solutions.
- Engage a third-party partner to conduct a life cycle analysis for all of our products.
- Establish the Ethics Program
- Establish ethical parameters for vendors and suppliers
- Assess ethical practices across all departments at Miyoko’s and ensure they are upheld
- Work with JEDI task force.
- 5+ years’ experience developing, maintaining, and/or managing sustainability-based initiatives, processes, or programs involving the collection, analysis, and reporting of program data is required. Experience working with sustainability or environmental programs in higher education is preferred.
- BA/BS degree in, Agricultural Science, Environmental Studies or related field required.
- Project management experience
- ISSP Certification preferred.
- A minimum of three years’ experience of working internally within a consumer products organization preferred.
- Experience in managing internal resources, external contractors, and to achieve production needs
- Substantial knowledge, experience and understanding of corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability are required.
- Excellent communicator – speaks and writes clearly and to the point
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced (sometimes chaotic) environment
Ethical Vegans strongly encouraged to apply.Apply now