Google has a job opening for a Manager, Sustainability Engagement and Partnerships (New York or San Francisco).
About the job
The Global Sustainability team drives the development and implementation of Google’s global sustainability strategy to further empower action, ensure alignment and prioritization, identify new leadership opportunities, and mitigate risks. We lead sustainability strategy and programs on carbon, circular economy, water, product integration, reporting, and employee engagement.
As a Manager for its sustainability engagement and partnerships program, you will develop and manage a cross-company strategy for Google’s sustainability partnerships and external engagements, coordinate with key partnerships and coalitions in the field, and support the design and execution of event and engagement strategies that advance sustainability priorities across the company.
- Manage key sustainability relationships and partnerships in support of the company sustainability strategy, spanning net zero to product priorities.
- Develop and maintain program management tools for tracking and monitoring internal and external engagement programs across the company. Provide ongoing support to climate, circular economy, urbanization, and water experts across the company to join and manage new external partnerships and coalitions.
- Develop trend analyses and track the most up-to-date climate change coalition and partnership news to regularly disseminate across the company.
- Partner closely with Communications, Policy, and Marketing teams on messaging, policy alignment, and campaigns to advance climate action.
- Develop and manage the partnership dimensions of regional sustainability strategies across APAC, Latin America, and EMEA.
- 10 years of experience working in a sustainability-focused role, with focus on climate change.
- 5 years of experience managing a partnerships-focused program, coalition, or Secretariat.
- Experience working in multiple regional markets (e.g., Asia Pacific, EMEA, Latin America).
- Master’s degree related to sustainability, climate and/or energy policy, or environmental engineering.
- Experience with net zero and GHG reduction implementation, standards, and carbon markets.
- Experience with launching and managing Public-Private Partnerships (PPP’s).
- Experience working with leading climate change platforms and processes (e.g. the Taskforce on Climate Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)).
- Experience with relationship and partnership management and working cross-functionally with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced writing and research skills.