Exciting new opportunity at Miyoko’s Creamery for Manager, Sustainability, Ethics, and Farm Conversion.
- Assess and implement sustainability measures within the company and at the plant to reduce waste, water, and resources.
- Create and oversee program to change practices and behaviors internally, including training employees.
- Assess energy and water use and make recommendations for reducing.
- Develop program for eliminating waste (garbage and unsellable product)
- Research and lead the initiative on sustainable packaging solutions for our products
- Establish reasonable goals for the reduction or elimination of plastic for our products.
- Explore new packaging solutions that are compostable or recyclable.
- Work with QA and R & D to vet new packaging solutions.
- Engage a third-party partner to conduct a life cycle analysis for all of our products.
- Lead the farm conversion program:
- Find the appropriate farmer partner; vet the farmer, including financial implications for both the company and the farmer.
- Design the program in conjunction with R & D and future needs of the company.
- Find the appropriate partners in agriculture, legal, etc.
- Launch the program.
- Own the budget
- Establish the Ethics Program
- Establish ethical parameters for vendors and suppliers
- Assess ethical practices across all departments at Miyoko’s and ensure they are upheld
- Work with JEDI task force.
- 5+ years’ experience developing, maintaining, and/or managing sustainability-based initiatives, processes, or programs involving the collection, analysis, and reporting of program data is required. Experience working with sustainability or environmental programs in higher education is preferred.
- BA/BS degree in, Agricultural Science, Environmental Studies or related field required.
- Project management experience
- ISSP Certification preferred.
- A minimum of three years’ experience of working internally within a consumer products organization preferred.
- Experience in managing internal resources, external contractors, and to achieve production needs
- Substantial knowledge, experience and understanding of corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability are required.
- Excellent communicator – speaks and writes clearly and to the point
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced (sometimes chaotic) environment
Ethical Vegans strongly encouraged to apply.Apply now