The role of Managing Director, Programs has become available at JUST Capital.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior leader looking to build out a portfolio of work at the heart of influencing corporate behavior on critical issues facing our country. The Director or Managing Director of Programs will lead the creation and management of JUST Capital’s programmatic initiatives through its next phase of growth. JUST Capital is increasingly building out its issue-based work to directly engage business leaders and influence markets on key issues like workers’ financial security to advancing racial equity. Through this work, JUST Capital seeks to not only change specific practices and policies within the companies it engages with but also shift the public narrative across corporate America on these crucial topics. The successful candidate will have expertise in the issues JUST Capital is seeking to influence, be an excellent writer and communicator, have experience fundraising, and be entrepreneurial and expansive in their thinking about how best to build programmatic strategy that advances our mission. The role will report to the Chief Strategy Officer and will lead the team responsible for advancing key program initiatives.
The primary responsibilities include
- Create programmatic and issue strategy, based on JUST’s unique expertise, and execute initiatives to influence corporate and market behavior. This work will be done in close collaboration with the Chief Strategy Officer, Managing Director of Corporate Strategy, and other teams.
- Build new and sophisticated strategies on racial and gender equity, economic inequality, and climate change. Work includes identifying focus areas, conceiving and building programs, as well as producing events, content, and engagement approaches.
- Oversee current initiatives including the Worker Financial Wellness Initiative and our Racial Equity portfolio.
- Lead a team of at least 2-3 people who are managing existing and new initiatives.
- Establish and coordinate partnerships with NGOs, corporations, investors, and others for current and new initiatives.
- Execute programmatic-related corporate engagement strategies, developing relationships with companies to secure participation in JUST Capital’s initiatives.
- Guide the foundation-based fundraising strategies for programmatic initiatives, cultivating relationships with foundations and overseeing grant processes.
- In collaboration with JUST’s Research team, identify research projects and external partnerships to support JUST’s programmatic efforts, building the business and investor case for behavior change.
- Develop and manage relationships with external partners, establishing formal partnerships and overseeing one-off collaborations on events, or products.
- A commitment to and passion for the JUST Capital mission.
- 8-10+ years experience in nonprofit, corporate responsibility, philanthropy, or government.
- Proven project management, time management, and multi-tasking abilities while maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional writer that is able to adapt communication style and approach to varying audiences and stakeholders.
- Track record of taking an idea or concept and bringing it fruition. Approach projects with a proactive attitude and ability to function effectively in a highly matrix environment. A plus to have done this in a nonprofit context where bringing work to fruition also included funding strategy/foundation engagement.
- Strong research background or subject matter expert on DEI & worker related issues a plus; ability to engage academic researchers and policy experts. Existing network a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; able to foster, manage and grow partnerships with external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience as an effective team leader and team player, with the ability to work effectively as part of a positive, highly collaborative group that shares tasks and responsibilities.