Tetra Pak needs a new Market Sustainability Manager.
In this position, you will lead the implementation of sustainability programs in the US & Canada Market. Areas of focus will be: developing collection and recycling programs for post-consumer carton packages, interacting with internal and external stakeholders on sustainability related topics, helping Tetra Pak strengthen its credentials as a thought leader in the area of sustainability and low carbon circular economy. You will support the Cluster Leader of Sustainability’s engagement with the Managing Director in addressing sustainability as a licence to operate.
What you will do
As a Market Sustainability Manager you will:
- Develop collection and recycling programs for post-consumer carton packages via trade organizations such as the Carton Council of North America or in partnership with Tetra Pak customers.
- Initiate and own any recycling and/or collection investment projects. Define need and business case. Monitor project development, installation, commissioning, and performance and report results.
- Secure that sustainability is embedded as a key initiative with our customers by supporting the Marketing and front-office teams. Supports the Sustainability Transformation Manager.
- with the deployment of any toolkits and training, also providing feedback on customer needs and insights from engagements with customers and other critical stakeholders in the assigned Market.
- Secure compliance with local collection/recycling regulation/targets as applicable. Support Public Affairs by providing technical knowledge and ensuring that market related recycling realities are applied to any advocacy around proposed legislation.
- Secure reliable accounting and reporting of collection/recycling rates.
- Engage in thought leadership forums, trade shows, webinars, and other activities to confidently promote Tetra Pak’s holistic sustainability story.
Who you are
We believe you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 plus years of experience in a sustainability field, experience interacting with municipalities and the solid waste industry would be a plus.
- Proficient with MSOffice (MS Project, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Able to connect potential environmental legislative impacts to business
- Confident public speaker
- Strong English language skills both written and verbal. Spanish or French is a plus
- Excellent people, communication, presentation skills
- Ability to plan, delegate, and multi-task
We offer you
- Variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- Culture that pioneers spirit of innovation where our engineering genius drives visible result
- Equal opportunity employment experience that values difference and diversity
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements