ERM: Environmental Resources Management has an opening for a new NA Financial Sector / ESG Consulting Services Leader (Director Level).
As part of the continued growth and innovation of our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Merger & Acquisition (M&A) Solutions services, ERM has an opportunity for an experienced leader to join our global consulting firm as a Financial Sector / ESG Consulting Services Leader, and become a true owner and shareholder in a business with Sustainability at its heart.
Our Partnership Model Offers Unparalleled Opportunities For Leaders With Ambition, Vision And Proven Expertise, Providing
This is a Partner-level opportunity for a Partner/Director/SVP-level professional looking to further their career with an equity stake with a global sustainability consulting leader that aims to lead the field in providing ESG advisory, transaction solutions and value-creation project support to the world’s leading Financial sector firms. A career as an ERM Partner is unique.
- The opportunity to contribute significantly to key decisions, including the overall strategic direction of our organization.
- Meaningful equity ownership with significant financial and intangible rewards.
- The ability to provide “thought leadership” on a wide range of technical and business issues impacting our core markets.
- An extension of ERM’s market position and reach with your established relationships to further drive our growth in the Financial Sector in North America through provision of ESG advisory, M&A services and other sustainability services.
- Primary focus on client account development, sales, and delivery of the full spectrum of ERM’s consulting services to deliver strategic value to our clients in the Financial Sector (including investors in public and private markets for equity, credit and other relevant products).
- In particular, play a key role in growing ERM’s ESG advisory and M&A Solutions practice across the firm’s broad portfolio of service offerings:
- ESG strategy, program development and implementation
- EHS/ESG due diligence for Mergers & Acquisitions and project finance
- Post-merger integration and post-acquisition value-creation programs with portfolio companies
- Due diligence support for divestments and exits
- Actively develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in significant revenue growth with target clients in the Financial Sector aligned with ERM’s global strategy.
- Provide business value selling at the top levels of client organizations, raising the profile of ERM’s capabilities within key client organizations, to identify and shape clients’ needs for ERM services.
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value, and quality service.
- Maintain pulse on industry business deals and prioritize sales efforts toward high-potential, top opportunities.
- Manage capture efforts utilizing technical understanding to develop proposals, including written content, pricing, presentations, and contracting.
- Help ERM evolve its current ESG positioning within the Financial Services sector by being active in the market through speaking at client events and publishing ESG thought leadership materials, innovating by developing new service offerings and delivering high quality and impactful solutions to our clients in anticipation of their needs and solutions that differentiate ERM in the market..
- Build, grow, and manage a high-performance team, serving as a leader and mentor to other consultants. Identify emerging talent and work with them to reach their full potential; ensure rising stars are nurtured, developed and given new areas of responsibility.
- Lead ESG advisory and complex M&A advisory consulting engagements involving multi-site portfolios and multi-person project teams locally, nationally, and globally. Work with clients to find solutions to transaction-driven ESG issues, including EHS compliance, remediation, portfolio issues, social issues, and liability cost estimating.
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment to build ERM’s global business, as well as to lead client and practice teams. Leverage M&A and ESG advisory project opportunities to provide follow-on services related to site remediation, compliance, management systems, outsourcing, and post-merger integration support, among others.
- Meet business financial targets, overall project budget and schedule, client satisfaction/expectations, and internal and contract requirements.
- BS in engineering, science, business, or related discipline; professional registration preferred.
- 15+ years’ progressive experience in a consulting environment, working at a high-level with corporate, financial, and legal clients; proven track record with Financial Sector clients.
- In-depth understanding of the Financial Sector, including existing relationships with deal teams, internal ESG leads, Investor Relations, C-suite of Financial Sector firms, attorneys, and/or investment bankers that can be leveraged into new relationships, positioning and growth.
- Business acumen to understand business risk and challenges, and recognize key market opportunities.
- An understanding of key market drivers in the Financial Services sector, e.g. LCET, ESG and sustainable finance.
- Demonstrable track record in delivering multimillion dollar sales results annually, including successfully winning large and strategic portfolios.
- Well-versed in ESG matters as they relate to the financial services sector.
- Offer recognized ESG/sustainability expertise and an established reputation in the local marketplace.