World Bank Group has a job opening for an Operations Analyst -ESG Information.
Duties and Accountabilities
The ESG Analyst will support CEGKL related activities and efforts to strengthen the ESG innovation, data, learning and tools function. Specifically, the ESG Analyst will:
- Support program and project managers by helping to coordinate day-to-day activities within CEG teams and various IFC and World Bank Group business lines, subject matter experts, external stakeholders, using sound project management methodologies.
- Organize, facilitate and lead consultations for needs analysis with different stakeholders to support high quality outputs to inform ESG tools and product development
- Develop and produce program-level reports for internal and external stakeholders to support program reporting, monitoring, evaluation and budget reporting commitments
- Facilitate requirement definition conversations with different user segments and assist with translating user features into executable work (e.g. stories and tasks) for product development teams.
- Ensure ESG data relevance and quality through appropriate selection of data sources across IFC and publicly available data.
- Propose means for sound data collection, cleaning and classification to ensure data quality and standardization across products.
- Perform research and analysis on a variety ESG-related issues and topics, as requested.
- Assist in the development of global CEGKL products, supporting the global ESG knowledge management team.
- Assist with other projects and duties as required.
Candidates should be early career professionals with experience in knowledge, project or information management and a demonstrated technical knowledge of ESG related issues, ideally in the private sector. Specifically, the candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g., Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Sustainability, Knowledge or Information Management, Information Technology or other related discipline) with two years of relevant experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Strong facilitation skills to lead workshops planning and preparation, presentation, knowledge capture and follow-up.
- Strong analytical skills to critically evaluate gathered data and ability to link or associate with other datasets and data needs.
- Ability to quickly develop high quality presentations tailored to different audiences.
- Experience with identifying ESG data sources and in reviewing ESG data quality.
- Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint and Word and experience with data visualization software such as Microsoft Business Intelligence or Tableau is a plus.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of ESG principles and practices. Knowledge of IFC’s Environmental and Social Performance Standards, Corporate Governance Methodology and associated tools will be considered a plus.
- Knowledge and interest in understanding emerging technologies including their application to ESG, by staying abreast of new trends and developments.
- Ability to understand the needs of various stakeholders and consider issues from their perspective.
- Ability to engage with various stakeholders, effective influencing skills and demonstrated diplomacy.
- Demonstrated self-starter with a high degree of responsiveness and proactivity.
- Strong written and spoken communications skills in English; ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize, deal with frequent unexpected changes, and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines. Attention to detail a must. Good team player with strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team, work effectively in and influence a team, and network effectively across geographies and time zones.