Mace North America is in search of an Operations Director of Sustainability. The ideal candidate will be based in New York and responsible for developing a sustainability-focused service offering for the North American business unit.
To set up and lead Mace North America’s net carbon zero and sustainability services workstream and then run the delivery of such services across the United States with an initial focus on our strategic and core clients.
To be responsible for delivering this offering to various existing clients, as well as assisting to expand clientele.
In addition to leading service delivery, the successful candidate will take a lead role in driving corporate responsible business initiatives within the North American teams and will work closely with the responsible business director to do so.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Developing service offerings (anticipated priorities are low carbon services) and supporting collateral, e.g. capability statement, bid content.
- Bidding and work winning to grow a team and correctly allocate resources in proposals.
- Recruiting and managing the team and service offering, ensure appropriate career development and technical development to meet personal and business needs. Ensure team members are fully utilized. Identifying local external technical partners to support service delivery (e.g. carbon assurance). Ensuring the team is fully aligned and drives corporate strategy.
- Driving innovation and new ways of working. Upskilling Mace North America team on responsible business best practices and sustainable delivery methods.
- Providing regular updates and determine strategic initiatives with direct supervisors.
You will have excellent technical capabilities with in-depth knowledge in the areas of sustainability and carbon zero strategies. You will have a construction or project management background, expertise and knowledge of sustainability in design and be hungry to grow your career in America. You will be able to demonstrate successful behaviors and the ability to build winning teams in a competitive market.Apply now