Exciting new opportunity at Amazon for an Operations PR Manager, Sustainability.
- Act as a PR business partner to the Sustainability business leadership teams.
- Work closely with Global Corporate Affairs leadership and team members.
- Strategically lead the external narrative of Amazon’s sustainable transportation efforts.
- Lead campaigns that highlight the breath, diversity and success of Amazon’s sustainable transportation efforts.
- Develop, build and maintain strong relationships with press contacts.
- Handle proactive PR campaigning and reactive media issues management.
- Collaborate closely with Amazon Public Policy and Amazon Corporate teams.
- Serve as a global liaison for international PR teams in Operations, helping to coordinate international plans and launches.
- Write press releases; pitch and secure top media, including print, broadcast and online outlets.
- Work with executives and internal teams to evolve the small business on Amazon storytelling.
- Deliver strategic counsel to internal executives.
*This position can be located in Washington D.C. or Seattle, Washington*
- 7+ years public relations or strategic communications experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it
- Develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Creativity and the ability to develop fresh concepts for generating media coverage
- Ideally having worked for public relations or public affairs agency on diverse reputational issues