Job opening for an Operations PR Manager, Sustainability at Amazon.
Amazon is seeking a PR Manager for Operations with a focus on sustainability initiatives. The role can be located in Arlington, VA or Seattle, WA. As an Operations PR Manager, Sustainability, you will work on sustainability PR programs and storytelling that explain Amazon’s sustainability efforts specifically in the transportation space. Amazon in 2019 announced The Climate Pledge – its goal to reach the Paris Agreement 10 years early. Amazon has committed to be net zero carbon by 2040 and run on 100% renewable energy by 2030. To support this goal, the company has ordered 100,000 fully-electric delivery vehicles, the largest order ever for electric delivery vehicles, and is investing $100 million in reforestation projects around the world to begin removing carbon from the atmosphere now. Sustainable transportation plays a significant role in these commitments.
- Act as a PR business partner to the Sustainability business leadership teams.
- Work closely with Global Corporate Affairs leadership and team members.
- Strategically lead the external narrative of Amazon’s sustainable transportation efforts.
- Lead campaigns that highlight the breath, diversity and success of Amazon’s sustainable transportation efforts.
- Develop, build and maintain strong relationships with press contacts.
- Handle proactive PR campaigning and reactive media issues management.
- Collaborate closely with Amazon Public Policy and Amazon Corporate teams.
- Serve as a global liaison for international PR teams in Operations, helping to coordinate international plans and launches.
- Write press releases; pitch and secure top media, including print, broadcast and online outlets.
- Work with executives and internal teams to evolve the small business on Amazon storytelling.
- Deliver strategic counsel to internal executives.
*This position can be located in Washington D.C. or Seattle, Washington*
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- 7+ years public relations or strategic communications experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it
- Develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Creativity and the ability to develop fresh concepts for generating media coverage
- Ideally having worked for public relations or public affairs agency on diverse reputational issues