ERM is recruiting for Partner – Product Stewardship (Director Level).
This is a Partner-level opportunity for a Principal/Director/VP-level professional looking to further their career with an equity stake in a global environmental leader that aims to lead the field in sustainability consulting. A career as an ERM Partner is unique. Our partnership model offers unparalleled opportunities for leaders with ambition, vision and proven expertise, providing:
- The opportunity to contribute significantly to key decisions, including the overall strategic direction of our organization.
- Meaningful equity ownership with significant financial and intangible rewards.
- The ability to provide “thought leadership” on a wide range of technical and business issues impacting our core markets.
- An extension of ERM’s market position and reach with your established relationships to further drive our growth.
- Primary focus on client account development, sales, and delivery of Product Stewardship-related services to deliver strategic value to our clients in the Technology sector. In particular, play a key role in growing ERM’s Product Stewardship business across its broad portfolio of service offerings.
- Be a leader and technical practitioner responsible for risk management and regulatory compliance projects on a wide range of topics including, but not limited to:
- EU REACH, Worldwide ROHS (EU, China, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, India, UAE, etc.)
- US EPA , Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- Restricted substances
- Responsible Recycling (R2), e-Stewards
- Working knowledge or familiarity with product compliance, including labelling, marking, testing and certification regulations applicable to consumer electronic devices placed on markets in the Americas, EU, and Asia-Pacific.
- Working knowledge of or familiarity with international standards such as IEC, IPC, ISO, CISPR, ASTM applicable to electronics and electrical devices.
- California Proposition 65 regulation – chemicals list and product warnings.
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) product regulations.
- Battery, e-waste, medical waste product stewardship and extended producer responsibility.
- Product lifecycle assessment, product environmental and social footprinting, environmental product declarations (EPDs)
- Supply-chain management
- Full material disclosure (FMD)
- Actively develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in significant revenue growth with target clients aligned with ERM’s global strategy.
- Provide business value selling at the top levels of client organizations, raising the profile of ERM’s capabilities within key client organizations, to identify and shape clients’ needs for ERM services.
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value, and quality service.
- Maintain pulse on industry business cycles and prioritize sales efforts toward high-potential, top opportunities.
- Contribute to leadership and management of major programs and projects to help clients proactively address their risks and challenges. Lead consulting engagements to achieve performance improvements and long-term change.
- Build, grow, and manage a high-performance team, serving as a leader and mentor to consultants. Identify emerging talent and work with them to reach their full potential; ensure rising stars are nurtured, developed and given new areas of responsibility.
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment to build ERM’s global business, as well as to lead client and technical teams.
- Meet business financial targets, overall project budget and schedule, client satisfaction/expectations, and internal and contract requirements.
- BS/MS in sustainability, chemistry, biology, public health, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or other relevant scientific discipline and experience.
- 15+ years’ progressive EHS experience in a consulting environment, working substantially with manufacturing clients; preferably with the Technology sector.
- In-depth understanding of the industry and the companies operating in this sector, including existing relationships that can be leveraged into new business.
- Business acumen to understand business risk and challenges, and recognize corporate opportunities.
- Demonstrable track record in delivering multimillion dollar sales results annually, including successfully winning large and strategic projects.
- Offer recognized technical expertise and an established reputation in the local marketplace.
- Certification in field; PE, CSP, CHMM, or similar registration desired.