Iron Mountain is recruiting for a Product Manager-Circular Economy (Sustainables).
The Product Manager Circular Economy will join our product development and product management team. Working with customers, sales account executives, and operational teams this role will lead our circular economy & zero waste product offers for the secure destruction and other Iron Mountain business units. This is a senior-level role that requires a self-driven individual who can manage and drive cross-functional teams of senior leaders and individual contributors throughout a matrixed, distributed organization. This position represents Iron Mountain to customers, prospects, partners, competitors, industry analysts, NGOs, and other significant constituencies as well as representing those constituencies within Iron Mountain. This role will take a strong product ownership position and lead the effort to craft the value proposition, features, and benefits, understand the marginal contribution, lead the operational implementation and plan the product life cycle for new offers. This individual should have experience with Product Development for B2B product or service-based businesses. They will also bring subject matter expertise in areas such as Life cycle assessments, circular economy, cradle to cradle thinking, and sustainable business practices. Success will require a desire to drive the overall strategy for this emerging line of activity within Iron Mountain and strong relationship skills to work effectively with teams across the company.
- Provides leadership and manages senior level initiatives and strategic initiative plans and programs.
- 7-10 years of experience, including experience with Product Development and end-to-end product life cycle management in the product and/or services industries.
- Strong executive facilitation skills and experience related to strategy development and problem-solving.
- Solid strategic analytical skills (i.e., market and competitive dynamics, business performance).
- Experience in materials management or recycling or circular economy programs and sustainable business programs
- Comfort in a rapidly changing environment with competing and shifting priorities.
- Technical competencies, education, or credential in material science, process engineering, LCA, or similar a plus.
- Business analytics competencies, credentials, or education such as MBA an asset.
- Highly seasoned project management skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills (including presentations), as well as listening and interpretation skills.
- Excellent people management skills, with an intense focus on the firm’s culture and values.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- A high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Results-driven, detail-oriented, and acts with urgency.
- Familiarity with the network and ecosystem of business, NGO, and academia working in the circular economy, Zero waste space a plus