Google is recruiting for a new Program Manager, Energy and Sustainability Advocacy.
As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It’s your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
As the Program Manager for Energy and Sustainability Advocacy, you will develop and lead global advocacy initiatives to meet the needs of Google’s data center energy portfolio. In this role, you will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to coordinate and lead campaigns in furtherance of Google’s energy and sustainability goals. This role will require you to effectively collaborate across a variety of internal teams at Google working on energy, policy, marketing and communications. It will also involve engaging and working with external stakeholders across the energy and sustainability ecosystem.
- Develop strategic advocacy programs for Google’s data center energy and sustainability efforts and manage their execution across the global portfolio
- Provide strategic vision and guidance on all external communications, narrative and strategy related to data center energy and sustainability priorities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal partner teams in communications, marketing and policy on development and execution of strategic advocacy initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience leading communications and issue-area campaigns within the energy space
- Experience with energy, sustainability and climate change issues and the related stakeholder landscape
- Experience working with utilities, energy trade associations, energy and sustainability NGOs and advocacy groups, policy makers, and other similar stakeholders
- Creative approach to solving nebulous multi-stakeholder challenges, robust executive presence, ability to build relationships to success
- Ability to thrive in environments with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and program management skills