Google is recruiting for a Program Manager, Supply Chain Renewable Energy and Environment.
As part of Google’s Responsible Supply Chain team you will be responsible for ensuring that business conducted on Google’s behalf through our extensive outsourced supply chain is done in accordance with human rights standards, environmental regulation and Google’s standards of business conduct. You will engage with multiple customer groups, stakeholders, and suppliers to minimize our environmental impact and work to improve the lives of all people who make our products possible. Our supply chain energy and environmental program is chartered with driving supply chain energy reductions and transitioning our suppliers to clean energy as well as addressing other environmental programs such as circularity, waste reduction and water stewardship.
- Develop supply chain clean energy and emissions strategy through multi-stakeholder engagement.
- Drive programs resulting in energy and emissions savings across our manufacturing supply chain including setting specific targets, quantifying progress and supporting reporting.
- Quantify supply chain energy load requirements and greenhouse gas emissions at the supplier, regional, grid, product and full upstream levels while tracking related reductions driven through global efficiency and renewable programs.
- Develop supplier engagement programs to accelerate supplier adoption of environmental programs including renewable energy.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, physics, quantitative fields of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in program management focused on supply chain energy management, renewable energy, clean energy or energy efficiency.
- Experience in carbon footprinting, energy modeling, or building renewable energy projects.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time.
- 5 years of experience driving energy efficiency projects, energy management programs, manufacturing process efficiency, and/or greenhouse gas management in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience using machine learning to drive energy efficiency in manufacturing environments.
- Experience driving supplier manufacturing sites to sustainability certifications such as “Zero waste to landfill” and ISO 50001.
- Technical expertise in greenhouse gas accounting protocols such as WRIs Greenhouse Gas Protocol and life cycle assessment (LCA) methodologies, including process LCAs and economic input-output models.