Ikea is looking for someone that is passionate about public affairs, government policy and communication to be their new Public Affairs Leader.
About the job
WHO YOU ARE
You feel comfortable in a business, political, policy and/or NGO environment. You are expected to have 5-10 years of experience with public affairs, including an understanding of the policy-making process. You will also have experience in working with strategic business planning and working with business leaders.
• Knowledge of key global institutions and regulatory and non-regulatory processes, including how to influence the policy agenda.
• Up-to-date knowledge of global policy trends and developments relevant to Ingka Group (including IKEA Retail).
• Knowledge of using insights to formulate business strategy.
• Knowledge of how to lead strategic advocacy, communication and stakeholder engagement by defining, planning, executing and follow-up to relevant stakeholders (such as governments, policy makers, NGOs and UN).
• Knowledge of IKEA’s corporate identity, core values and vision of creating a better everyday life for the many people, to ensure right representation.
• Strong communication skills in English (spoken and written).
And just as important, you are someone who would share and naturally reflect the IKEA Values.
In this position you will play a critical role in supporting the global Public Affairs agenda for Ingka Group, the largest franchisee to operate stores under the IKEA Brand. The Public Affairs team is responsible for influencing policy and regulations, advocating for change that benefits the business environment and wider society – in line with IKEA values.
Key assignments in this role will be:
• Help to create a positive policy and regulatory environment for a transforming and growing sustainable and people-oriented business.
• Lead, develop and implement specific plans for influencing policy and regulation, impacting Ingka Group.
• Proactively contribute to strategy & planning discussions to ensure public affairs plan and direction is aligned with business priorities and that business strategy reflects the changing policy agenda.
• Strong collaboration with other team members and PA Leaders to support across topic areas.
• Support PA spokespeople across Ingka Group on appropriate PA topics to position the IKEA Brand.
• Represent Ingka Group within appropriate external and internal forums, so that key stakeholders know what we stand for.
• Work across functions within Ingka Group and in good collaboration with other IKEA businesses.