The position of Public Policy Manager, Stakeholder Management has become available at Facebook.
Instagram is looking for a Public Policy Manager for stakeholder engagement with a strong track record of building consensus and driving successful outcomes. The ideal candidate will have both a passion for Instagram and a strong willingness to understand Instagram’s approach to public policy, as well as how those initiatives fit within the larger Facebook organization.
In this role, you will be responsible for understanding the global landscape of academics, civil society, trade associations, think tanks and other relevant global stakeholders on social media related policy matters. You will develop a strategy for Instagram’s policy team to engage with these thought leaders in relation to Instagram’s policies and product. You will monitor our external relationships in key policy areas, will seek opportunities to build productive alliances with our stakeholders and enable our team to track and measure the impact of policy stakeholder engagement.
This position will be based in San Francisco, CA, Menlo Park, CA, Washington D.C., or New York, NY.
- Contribute to knowledge production of Instagram specific material and collateral, bringing external expert voice to position papers, research projects, programmatic plans, and Instagram policy collateral
- Collaborate and ensure consistency in approach to Instagram and Facebook’s policy issues
- Identify key stakeholders and strategic opportunities for external engagement in relation to Instagram policy matters
- Work with the Instagram policy team to provide an external engagement perspective when analyzing product and policy issues
- Represent Instagram in external engagements
- Work cross-functionally with other teams at Instagram and Facebook to increase transparency around our policies and our approach to key issues
- Develop tools and metrics for measuring the impact of external engagement in the policy field
- Design and execute strategies for understanding from external stakeholders
- 10+ years work experience in public policy work related to technology, social media, digital economy, safety or socio-economic development
- Bachelor’s degree in policy, law, marketing, business, communications or a relevant subject or discipline
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment, think and move quickly, produce results under deadlines, juggle many different projects at once, find pragmatic and creative solutions to business issues, provide concise and business-focused advice, and make sound judgments
- Experience in developing and executing high-profile technology, corporate and/or political projects
- Experience presenting before internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with stakeholder mapping
- Highly organized and structured with project management experience
- Proven track record of collaborative approach to problem solving and teamwork
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and do any task required to get the job done
- Experience working at a technology company
- Advanced degree preferred