Google is recruiting for a Regional Sustainability Lead.
Serving as a cross-functional sustainability Leader in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region, you’ll work influence and drive strategy with a diverse group of regional leaders, acting as as the regional point of contact on sustainability and as such also the internal and external spokesperson.
- Serve as the external and Internal sustainability spokesperson in the EMEA region. Proactively initiate cross-functional regional sustainability strategy, projects and processes.
- Manage complex regional sustainability programs, identify and implement process improvements, and exercise business and technical understanding to drive long-term regional sustainability objectives.
- Lead engagement on sustainability with EMEA based clients and policy makers at the EU, national, and local level. Partnerships with relevant industry associations and NGOs.
- Provide content and thought leadership in the region that pushes the envelope on sustainability solutions (e.g. publish white papers externally or give Tech Talks internally).
- Establish influence and credibility across the organizations in the region making decisions about priorities and driving programs across organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working on sustainability matters and strategies (i.e. carbon footprinting, life cycle assessment, sustainability reporting, sustainability data analysis, environmental policy, environmental education/engagement).
- Project management experience.
- Experience with vendor/supplier management, contracts, and procurement.
- Experience leading a corporate sustainability program.
- Experience resolving sustainability challenges in large, complex organizations.
- Multi-country work experience in EMEA.
- Cross-functional/organizational relationship-building skills.
- Ability to speak and write in English and an additional EMEA-region language fluently.