There is an exciting opportunity at Apple for a Responsible Sourcing Expert, Policy and Programs.
The Responsible Sourcing Expert will engage with industry groups and key stakeholders to help form and advance industry-wide supply chain standards on the responsible sourcing of minerals. The person in this role will also manage aspects of Apple’s responsible sourcing program, including areas related to program strategy, design, management, and engagement with industry and field-based partners, with the goal to drive meaningful impact and change. This role sits in Apple’s Supplier Responsibility Human Rights and External Engagement team and works closely on cross-functional projects within the team and across the broader Supplier Responsibility organization.
- Ability to drive program innovation through process enhancements and efficiencies
- Highly organized and self-directed
- Keen attention to detail in driving for results
- World-class program management, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with outside entities
- Expert relationship development and management capabilities
- Ability to travel 10%
- Minimum degree preferred or equivalent work experience with focus on policy, sustainability, political science, or related fields.
- At least 7-10 professional years, with relevant experience in the responsible sourcing policy and standard-setting fields
This role supports Apple’s efforts on responsible sourcing through several channels, including, but not limited to:
- Managing on-going relationships with standard and policy setting bodies in Responsible Sourcing and human rights
- Providing guidance and input to industry bodies based on Apple’s culture of raising the bar in responsible sourcing and human rights
- Maintaining and developing relationships with Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Civil Society and private sectors
- Aligning and ensuring that Apple’s Standard on Responsible Sourcing continues to exceed existing industry frameworks
- Identifying external opportunities for Apple to communicate it’s vision, demonstrate leadership, and raise awareness of the work that Responsible Sourcing does in the supply chain
- Support Government Affairs and Corporate Communications, as needed, with accurate and timely information
- Continuous monitoring of supply chain risks and impact analysis
- Development of mineral-specific strategies, beyond 3TG
- End-to-end management of Apple’s responsible sourcing programs with external partners
Education & Experience– Minimum degree preferred or equivalent work experience with focus on policy, sustainability, political science, or related fields.Apply now