Standard and Poor’s have an opening for a Senior Analyst, ESG Analytics & Client Delivery.
The Opportunity: You will be working with a diverse range of clients across the investment value chain to support the disclosure and management of ESG risks and opportunities, and benchmark performance. You will support clients to meet reporting needs in line with international and sector-specific reporting standards and standard methodologies.
- Lead and participate in an international analytics and client delivery team conducting in-depth analytical research on the impact of ESG factors on companies and portfolios performance using Trucost’s proprietary methods and analytics
- Lead on the execution of a strategy aimed at developing technology and systems driven tools and solutions to support efficient delivery of Trucost’s analytics to clients
- Provide high-quality insights and recommendations from complex information for consultative projects
- Clearly communicate insights and technical approaches to the team and clients verbally and in writing, including documenting analytical methodologies for reports and developing graphs and charts appropriate for use by senior executives
- Support account managers in Trucost’s financial institutions and corporate businesses by developing technical approaches for proposals or RFP/RFI responses that recognize client needs and convey Trucost’s value proposition
- Work collaboratively with a diverse team across multiple offices to conduct research and ensure the quality of insights Experienced Required:
- An undergraduate and postgraduate degree in relevant subjects such as; Economics, Finance, Environmental Economics, Development Economics or Environmental Sciences or relevant work experience
- Proven experience in developing and applying ESG metrics to support business and investment decision-making
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities developed through first-hand experience, preferably within a financial services environment
- Proven experience either in a risk management capacity or in a financial modelling role. Other relevant experience would include performing as an ESG analyst for a research provider or in the sustainability field for a management consultancy
- Proven ability to synthesize technical data to develop insights on corporate environmental and financial performance
- Proven experience in programming: excel vba, python, R, SQL
- Proven experience in modelling, risk analysis and tool building, for example: input/output modeling, stress-testing, statistics and data science
- Understanding of Trucost and / or S&P data and systems architecture
- Understanding of investment / market risk in fixed-income, equities or real assets
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including confidently presenting complex information to clients in ways that they can easily understand and inform their actions
- Personable, with a demonstrated strength in planning and executing work assignments independently, and as part of an international analytics and client delivery team
- Ambitious, organized, with a positive, “can do” attitude
- Fluent written and spoken English and broadly spoken official Indian language would be advantageous.