S&P Global Market Intelligence is looking for a Senior Analyst to join the ESG Innovation and Analytics Team based in London dedicated to the delivery of Trucost’s products and services to companies, banks, asset managers and pension funds globally.
The role provides an opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects in the field of sustainable finance.
The Senior Analyst will contribute technical expertise and lead teams conducting detailed ESG analyses across a broad range of client projects – focused primarily on measuring the ESG performance of companies, investment products and portfolios using Trucost’s proprietary methods and analytics.
In this role, you will be working with a diverse range of clients across the investment value chain to support the disclosure and management of ESG risks and opportunities, and benchmark performance. You will support clients to meet reporting needs in line with international and sector-specific reporting standards and best practices.
Trucost’s expertise is providing data leveraged analytics and insights on ESG performance so that businesses and investors can understand how to direct investments that create value and avoid risk. We’ve been informing companies, financial institutions, regulators and thought leaders since 2000. Trucost’s carbon data underpins the S&P Global Carbon Efficient Indices recently selected by Government Pension Investment fund for Japan (GPIF) to serve as the benchmark for their ESG investment strategy. Trucost’s clients also include DBS Bank, ERAFP, Fidelity, Future Fund, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, State Street Global Advisors and UBS among many others.
Our team is composed of experienced professionals driven to identify the transformative solutions of tomorrow. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value team work and it is crucial that you are a team player in order to be successful within our organization.
The Hiring Manager says
“I am looking for a Senior Analyst with an excellent understanding of ESG factors and how they can be applied to support business and investment decision-making. You must be passionate about helping businesses and investors understand their ESG risks and opportunities and communicate ESG performance to their stakeholders”.
- Lead and participate in an international analytics and client delivery team conducting in-depth analytical research on the ESG performance of companies, investment products and portfolios using Trucost’s proprietary methods and analytics
- Develop technical approaches to meet client needs
- Provide high-quality insights and recommendations from complex information for consultative projects
- Clearly communicate insights and technical approaches to clients verbally and in writing, including documenting analytical methodologies for reports and developing graphs and charts appropriate for use by senior executives
- Support account managers in Trucost’s financial institutions and corporate businesses by developing technical approaches for proposals or RFP/RFI responses that recognize client needs and convey Trucost’s value proposition
- Work collaboratively with a diverse team across multiple locations to conduct research and ensure the quality of insights
- Experience developing and applying ESG metrics to support business and investment decision-making
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including confidently presenting complex information to clients in ways that they can easily understand and inform their actions
- Personable, with a demonstrated strength in planning and executing work assignments independently, and as part of an international analytics and client delivery team
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, with a positive, “can do” attitude
- 3-5 years professional work experience – this could include working as an ESG analyst within an asset manager, pension fund, bank or Development Finance Institution. Other relevant experience would include working as an ESG analyst for a research provider or in the sustainability field for a management consultancy
- An undergraduate and postgraduate degree in relevant subjects such as; Economics, Finance, Environmental Economics, Development Economics or Environmental Sciences or relevant work experience with a predominantly quantitative focus
- A good understanding of financial markets and investing, as well as knowledge of some of the following sustainability areas that financial institutions are involved in: mainstreaming ESG integration; environmental fund or index creation; environmental risk analysis; green finance and reporting of investments in different asset classes
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize technical data to develop insights on corporate environmental and financial performance
- The candidate should be conscious of detail and numerically proficient with natural curiosity, and an innovative approach to problem solving
- Financial experience, CFA or progress towards the designation and/or qualifications in sustainable investing will be looked upon favourably
- Fluent written and spoken English. Additional languages (in particular Spanish, German, Mandarin or French) will be looked upon favourably
- Experience utilising data analysis and visualisation software such as Python, R and Tableau will be looked upon favourably