Carbon Intelligence has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, bright and driven individual to join their growing team of strategy and engagement consultants as Senior Consultant – Strategy, Reporting & Engagement.
As a senior member of the team, you will be passionate leader and an effective communicator. You will have proven your ability to influence change within a company to deliver our purpose of helping business play its part in building a zero carbon world.
You will have sustainability consulting experience or worked in an in-house role, and you will have been responsible for strategy development, implementation and communication. You will have technical knowledge relating to our services and a strong understanding of how companies can achieve net zero emissions.
Above all you will have a high level of self-motivation, a commitment to personal growth and you will thrive in working in a fast-paced client-driven environment.
ESG is now seen as a Boardroom issue and Ci is perfectly placed to take advantage of this societal, economic, and regulatory transformation. Each week more and more organisations commit to becoming net zero, driven by both a sense of purpose and ever-increasing pressure from their clients, investors, employees and other key stakeholders. Globally, Greta Thunberg’s words opened a dialogue where the role of business in planetary and human wellbeing has become front-page news.
You will be a senior member of the consulting team, leading work with our major clients in various sectors and specialising in Strategy, Reporting and Engagement services.
Key responsibilities include the following:
Client relationship management
- Relationship building with multiple individuals in large and complex clients
- Programme management of client delivery with a focus on quality and timeliness
- Business development to expand our work with key clients and drive growth of the company
Service delivery and improvement
- Leading strategic projects with clients to build and implement ambitious sustainability strategies that enable clients to transition to net zero
- Designing and delivering stakeholder engagement and behaviour change programmes that engage and inspire people to take practical actions that will have a positive environmental impact
- Working with clients to meet mandatory and voluntary disclosure requirements
- Scaling consultancy services through effective resourcing, developing processes and coaching the team
Communication and people
- Empathy, intuition and influencing skills to draw out priorities, consolidate thinking and get buy-in to the proposed route forward
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to lead workshops with business leaders
- Leading teams and supporting colleagues with personal development
The culture of Carbon Intelligence is collaborative, innovative and open. Our employees have described us as ‘a really special business’ and one where ‘people are valued and can both grow themselves and help with our core purpose of driving businesses towards a zero carbon economy’. Our clients describe us a ‘breath of fresh air’.
- 5 years+ relevant experience in climate change related work
- Consultancy experience
- Behaviour change, stakeholder engagement and sustainability communications experience for large and complex companies
- Developing decarbonisation strategies and setting targets for large and complex companies
- Technical knowledge relating to our strategy and reporting services (ESG disclosure, GHG calculation and reporting, sustainability strategy, science-based targets)
- Project and programme management experience
- Preparing reports, presentations and papers on sustainability programmes
- Leading workshops and meetings