There is an exciting opportunity at WSP for a Senior Consultant – Sustainability, Energy and Climate Change.
Be involved in projects with our Water & Environment Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Consultant for our Boulder, CO office. The individual will support a client–facing team in the design, management, and reporting of organizational sustainability programs. The ideal candidate will have the flexibility and capacity to work on a wide variety of projects and the demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional teams. Candidates should be passionate about sustainability, self-motivated and self-directed, collaborative, and able to produce high-quality work products. Specific experience in infrastructure sustainability is preferred, particularly GRESB Infrastructure and the Envision Rating System.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Developing and managing sustainability and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) programs, in addition to related strategies and policies
- Producing sustainability disclosures, and other communications aligned with leading frameworks (e.g., GRESB, CDP, GRI)
- Designing sustainability performance targets and accompanying strategies and achievement plans
- Developing entity-wide and product life cycle inventories for energy, GHG, water, waste, and other resources
- Identifying and evaluating opportunities to achieve energy, GHG, and resource reductions
- Researching leading sustainability programs and initiatives
- Managing multiple projects and project teams concurrently
- Supporting business development activities with existing and prospective clients in the private and public sectors
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environment/Sustainability, Business, Energy, Engineering, Public Policy or a related discipline
- 6-10 years of related professional experience in sustainability and/or management consulting
- Experience with GRESB Infrastructure and other similar frameworks including CDP, DJSI, Envision, GRI, the GHG Protocol, SASB, and UN PRI
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, maturity, credibility, confidence, and integrity
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to craft compelling presentations and reports
- Ability to develop and present analyses using programs including Microsoft PowerPoint, Power BI, Word, Excel, Access, and related software
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects/project teams concurrently, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to collaborate remotely across geographies and platforms
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Master’s Degree in one of the above-listed disciplines
- Professional credentials such as the Envision Sustainability Professional (ENV SP)
- Experience in infrastructure sustainability, and the oil and gas, renewable energy, telecom, transportation, and/or utility sectors